Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have some old nitro's still?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody have some old nitro's still?

    Just seeing if anybody out there has some old nitro rc 8th+ scales out there. Used to be into them pretty hard and recently brought out my oldies to see if they still perform. Both original Tamiya's.

    First car is a Terra Crusher, one of the first 8th scale offroad nitros. Also had reverse which was huge for it's time. Was lucky to get my hands on those billet aluminum rims back in the day which don't seem to be around any more. Upgraded the engine to a W Picco .27 big block, which makes this rig pretty beast! Sadly it has a slight tranny problem I need to figure out which blows as parts are becoming so obsolete for these cars.

    Second car is the sister of the Terra Crusher, the TNX was a smaller version. Pretty much my always reliable beater that I always use. Started up no problem as always and ran like a champ.

    Anyone else got some cool nitro's laying around? Sorry if this part of the forum is 5th scale's only =X
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by spsa88 View Post
    Just seeing if anybody out there has some old nitro rc 8th+ scales out there. Used to be into them pretty hard and recently brought out my oldies to see if they still perform. Both original Tamiya's.

    First car is a Terra Crusher, one of the first 8th scale offroad nitros. Also had reverse which was huge for it's time. Was lucky to get my hands on those billet aluminum rims back in the day which don't seem to be around any more. Upgraded the engine to a W Picco .27 big block, which makes this rig pretty beast! Sadly it has a slight tranny problem I need to figure out which blows as parts are becoming so obsolete for these cars.

    Second car is the sister of the Terra Crusher, the TNX was a smaller version. Pretty much my always reliable beater that I always use. Started up no problem as always and ran like a champ.

    Anyone else got some cool nitro's laying around? Sorry if this part of the forum is 5th scale's only =X
    Hey did you ever get those cars running

    Comment


    • #3
      I was working on them alot earlier this year and had the Tnx running perfect. The terra crusher runs but I have to replace the clutch shoes which are aluminum and I had trouble finding them. Started working on the gopeds alot more. So I ran them dry and stored them. Once my gsr is complete I will get them out again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Would you ever sell one if so how much

        Comment


        • #5
          Its crazy how those little motors are worth more than a 460 complete motor.
          Originally posted by Ogre
          I knew I was forgetting something, LUUBE!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dalton54 View Post
            Would you ever sell one if so how much
            I have considered selling the Terra Crusher a few times. As far as a price goes that I could not tell you right now. I will think of a price for it and let you know!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pushinit View Post
              Its crazy how those little motors are worth more than a 460 complete motor.
              It really is crazy. They also don't seem to last very long since they are so tiny the compression wears down so quick.

              Comment


              • #8
                i have an old school nitro rustler. considering a tmax or a revo. 4wd ftw.
                I'm going to make my own forum with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget the forum.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ogre View Post
                  i have an old school nitro rustler. considering a tmax or a revo. 4wd ftw.
                  The Traxxas T-Bag is the biggest piece of **** nitro RC truck ever made, well almost. Traxxas makes some great cars now, I feel the T-Bag is a huge reason their cars are actually worth a **** today as it was a big learning curve for their current 4WDs. I say get the Revo, way better truck in every aspect!
                  Hell Fab

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by spsa88 View Post
                    It really is crazy. They also don't seem to last very long since they are so tiny the compression wears down so quick.
                    I disagree, they are spendy for the size but if ran rich they will see many many gallons of fuel. I have an O.S. engine that I have been running for about 9 years, same block, same rod, same piston and same cylinder sleeve, no bull****. spsa88, maybe you're talking about the Traxxas engines that are ****in worthless as **** on a boar?
                    Hell Fab

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      image.jpg
                      Originally posted by Depths of Hell View Post
                      The Traxxas T-Bag is the biggest piece of **** nitro RC truck ever made, well almost. Traxxas makes some great cars now, I feel the T-Bag is a huge reason their cars are actually worth a **** today as it was a big learning curve for their current 4WDs. I say get the Revo, way better truck in every aspect!
                      It's not a true t-bagger without a set of these dangling off the back!
                      Pedfest 2014

                      Originally posted by depog revilo
                      Steve, I am really excited to see yours.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Most reliable thing on that piece of ****.
                        Hell Fab

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have an old Sportwerks Turmoil with a axial .28 engine in it............... Also a traxxas jato that is all stock as of now. I'm going through the Sportwerks right now redoing everything over. Just picked up a Thunder Tiger Pro .70bx engine that i'm trying to find a chassis to put it on

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spsa88 View Post
                            Just seeing if anybody out there has some old nitro rc 8th+ scales out there. Used to be into them pretty hard and recently brought out my oldies to see if they still perform. Both original Tamiya's.

                            First car is a Terra Crusher, one of the first 8th scale offroad nitros. Also had reverse which was huge for it's time. Was lucky to get my hands on those billet aluminum rims back in the day which don't seem to be around any more. Upgraded the engine to a W Picco .27 big block, which makes this rig pretty beast! Sadly it has a slight tranny problem I need to figure out which blows as parts are becoming so obsolete for these cars.

                            Second car is the sister of the Terra Crusher, the TNX was a smaller version. Pretty much my always reliable beater that I always use. Started up no problem as always and ran like a champ.

                            Anyone else got some cool nitro's laying around? Sorry if this part of the forum is 5th scale's only =X
                            I have got a bug crusher. But this Terra crusher is a beauty.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Awesome monster truck

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X