does any one know how to take a crank apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any one know how to take a crank apart

my connecter rod broke in half today and bout a knew one and dont know how to take the crank apart can any one tell me
    he23hp longblock, hp carb,tgn filter ,sikk 1 pipe,rokit key,polished everthing

Hope this helps..

1.remove the back wheel

2.remove the air filter by take the 2 screws out

3.remove carb by the 2 screws(make sure the carb doesnt tilt or it will leak gas)

4.unbolt the two bolts that hold the motor on the clutch side and the three under the motor.

5.unbolt the 2 bolts that connect the pipe to the motor

6.take the motor out

7.remove the cylinder by taking out the 2 bolts

Thats all i can TRUTHFULLY tell you because i have not taken apart the bike any more than this yet. Just find out what side the case bolts are on and remove them.

how did you break your connecting rod?
    g260rc and big bore head kit w/15:1 ,ser.1,ada race deck,supior handlebar kit,prowler rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick
      Hope this helps..

1.remove the back wheel

2.remove the air filter by take the 2 screws out

3.remove carb by the 2 screws(make sure the carb doesnt tilt or it will leak gas)

4.unbolt the two bolts that hold the motor on the clutch side and the three under the motor.

5.unbolt the 2 bolts that connect the pipe to the motor

6.take the motor out

7.remove the cylinder by taking out the 2 bolts

Thats all i can TRUTHFULLY tell you because i have not taken apart the bike any more than this yet. Just find out what side the case bolts are on and remove them.

how did you break your connecting rod?

thats a good start.. but you also have to remove the flywheel and cluch assembly, then the bolts holding the case together. ADA has replacement gaskets for the 47cc engine, i think its a good investment to get one while the case is open.

check this out!! http://www.joyceinternational.com/

Comment

ummm thanks but i did that already i jus need to take the crankshaft(not crank case) a part i know its possible case my frend didit on his ped so it should on my pb
        he23hp longblock, hp carb,tgn filter ,sikk 1 pipe,rokit key,polished everthing

Comment

crank/ con rod

first you must not use a hammer! the crank webs are too soft and can bend around the crank pin, you`ll need a puller, if the crank pin is splinded (rare) then it`ll go back together without to much trouble, if its a plain shaft (most are)you will need to lineup the crank perfectly before using a press to put them back together, if you dont make sure the crank halves are prefectly alined you` get a vibration when you rev up that knocks out the main bearings and wears the crank seals,

really a job for a engine rebuilder/tuner

Comment

Working...
          X