Goped ESR750 Acceleration Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goped ESR750 Acceleration Problem

Whats up guys, I have an 08' ESR750 and I was about to take it out tonight. I got on the scooter and went to hit the throttle and once I hit it, the the scooter sort of nudged forward and then shut off and I had no power. I figured it was just a glitch or something and powered it back on. I tried again and it did the same thing.

Took it back to my garage and plugged it in and the charger had a green light indicating it was fully charged even though I just tried to ride it. So I unplugged the charging cord and usually the light will shut right off. Now, it slowly fades away.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7n...ew?usp=sharing

I'm going to check the motor brushes today but I feel like that's not the problem. What do you guys think it is?

Comment

Sounds like a weak battery issue. SLA batteries? If so they fail like clockwork. Mainly after a long period of storage. Being '08 pretty much any style of rechargeable battery is past it's due date.
      50mph+ Electric Ped
      KT100 GTR

Comment

Wow, someone replied. Yes I load tested the batteries and 3/4 were bad. They were fairly new battery s aswell. I didn't ride it too much but they were in storage fully charged. Will that hurt them?

Comment

sla batteries require constant trickle charging in my experience.

Never just store sla batteries charged or not.

Comment

So how would I do this with the on board charger, is it possible?

Comment

Buy an actually ac timer off eBay cheap.
              I have my hb,esr sport and a couple hvb2's on one timer and
              Just set it to turn on every third day for 12 hrs.

Comment

hi,
                if the switch is in turbo mode and you give full throttle, it aint gonna work (high AMPS) when you have or weak/dead battery's or motor defect ( mostly brushes ) or both

Put your step on a table sow the tire is free to rotate.

Take 1 battery and connect it directly to the motor(it will spark a liitle bit ), give some resistance to the tire......if it stops directly ( because of the higher AMPS ) the battery is dead(after full charge )...( you have to do this 4 times (4 battery's )

2 things you tested now, you motor and your battery ....

Comment

I kinda have same problem..anyb any know what the symtom is?

Comment

Working...
                  X