Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 ESR750 Upgrade / Lithium / Brushless Motor / Belt Drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16T 15mm Front Pulley from TorqueBoards. I believe the back was 72T.

Comment

Originally posted by aztecsurf View Post
      16T 15mm Front Pulley from TorqueBoards. I believe the back was 72T.
      Thanks. Did you ever look into the larger 100mm stator Alien Power motor?

Comment

I did, it looks like the APS 80/100 model will not fit in the motor mount on the GoPed. A little too small. So close.

Comment

I have one in my hand and it is the same size width-wise as the 6374. Just longer stator so more magnets & torque. Length is 100mm vs 74mm (35% longer)

6374 3 or 4Nm torque and 63100 7.5Nm
          Last edited by ESR_RSE; 01-06-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

80100? I thought it was 80mm diameter? Or unless you are talking about a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by aztecsurf View Post
              80100? I thought it was 80mm diameter? Or unless you are talking about a different one.

Comment

What's the total wattage output?

Comment

I'm stuck picking between the 6384 and 63100. It is a hard call and is holding up my battery pack selection due to the different specs. I am trying to order everything this month but am struggling with motor/battery cell choices and finding a wheel pulley that will fit. Did you design your 3D printed pulley? if so how difficult was it and how much was the cost if you dont mind me asking?

Specs below for the FreercHobby brand:
                  6384:
                  • Max Power: 4000 Watts
                  • Max Current: 100Amps
                  • Max Volts: 12S
                  • Max Torque: 9Nm
                  • KV: 190
                  63100:
                  • Max Power: 5000 Watts
                  • Max Volts: 14S
                  • Max Torque: 10Nm
                  • KV: 140
                  Flipsky Models:
                  6384:
                  • Max Power: 4000 Watts
                  • Max Volts: 13S
                  • Max Torque: 9Nm
                  • KV: 190
                  63100:
                  • Max Power: 5000 Watts
                  • Max Volts: 14S
                  • Max Torque: 10Nm
                  • KV: 140
                  Between 9NM and 10NM is it worth the larger size? I think it would handle the heat a lot better but as far as performance differences between a 6384 and 63100, is it down to the battery cell selection or the torque vs rpm?

Comment

I printed my pulley, had to find a program online that allowed me to specify the tooth count and then created the model. Fairly cheap to print it as far as material.

Comment

Wanted to add an interesting experiment to the post here. I have a friend that just picked up a dead ESR with a bad controller and dead batteries. We removed both of them and the tray. Installed a 12S2P Flatpack Lithium battery with a Torque6 VESC controller. But this time, I wanted to try and connect the new equipment to the existing 750w DC motor.

I know from reading that it is possible to configure the VESC to run Brushed DC motors. Just needed to choose that type of motor in the VESC software and lastly specify the total amps the motor can handle and the battery size (30a) 12 Cells.

I started low on the amps for the motor current, Went with 20a, took it for a ride and it was super slow. No torque. Then changed it to 30a, a little faster but slow, then 40a, getting close, and finally 50A. Then it felt like a stock ESR 750w motor.

Went for a couple of miles around the neighborhood and then immediately checked the motor for heat when I stopped, slightly warm. Barely. Runs great!

I think I could push it to 60a, and it would be really quick, but not sure if the motor will take that. Since I really have no idea what the total amps this motor will take, I may leave it at 50a and just baby it for a couple of weeks and see.

Anyone know the technical specs of the stock motor? Or at least what the amps should be for a reliable setup?

Comment

Darn my reply got posted for spam since I edited it too much. I guess wait for it to be approved.

Comment

Working...
                        X