No announcement yet.

Bass Boat 60 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stupid "super" clutch exploded recently.

I was just about to finally ride the damn thing too!

Good news is that the engine starts up no problem. Sadly due to my clutch situation I have no idea how it feels...

I was able to get a fancy pants toymaker clutch carrier. It's such as shame that it's gonna be buried in the clutch housing. It really is a nice piece of billet!

Since I had to countersink the holes on the clutch side of the skopod kit I figured that I'd do a bit of additional machining to lighten it up a bit. I think I cut out about 0.2-0.4 ounces. Not much, but every little bit adds up.

Anyways, picture time:

IMG_0819.jpg

The machining I did probably isn't actually noticeable, haha

FYI: If you countersink your bolt holes you will need a 90 degree countersink. Metric flat head screws use a 90 degree head which is different than what 'Merica screws typically use (82 degrees).
    Instagram: @base_cat

Comment

toymaker clutch installation

I got my GSR40 clutch today.

At first I was confused because it's a single spring clutch and the TM kit comes with 2 new springs. Then I noticed that there are additional holes to allow for mounting of the new springs on the GSR40 clutch. Nice!

Spring removal:

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Clutch carrier installation:

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

I noticed that the crank pokes out quite far from the clutch carrier. As a result, the nut bottoms out without tightening the carrier so I'm going to have to make a spacer for it.

Is this normal? I'm assuming that it is because the skopod kit usually comes with a spacer for the GP460 clutch. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that piece at the moment.....
      Last edited by Basement Cat; 04-22-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Yes, that is normal. I had to make spacers for both my 460 clutch and TM clutch on my Skopod.

Comment

Originally posted by blt113 View Post
          Yes, that is normal. I had to make spacers for both my 460 clutch and TM clutch on my Skopod.
          Si

I have made them out of thin nuts before, just drill out the threads and done.

I recommend flipping the springs over. On mine they barely touch the carrier and I thought it best they did not rub.
          Hell Fab

Comment

Picked this project back up. Almost done. IMG_20200127_212205.jpgIMG_20200127_212222.jpg

Comment

I finished it. Will post more pics later.

IMG_20200131_181017.jpg

Comment

Noice!
                2 Sports and a GSR40

Comment

I guess that a build is never finished... There is more coming soon for this one...

Comment

Any new update on the build?
                    what was the lead time on your skopod 60 pipe? I need to put an order in for one.
                    Last edited by Sandwiches; 07-20-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandwiches View Post
                      Any new update on the build?
                      what was the lead time on your skopod 60 pipe? I need to put an order in for one.
                      I bought this pipe like 8 years ago so I honestly have no idea, lol

edit: I found my receipt and I actually bought it in 2012, so it’s been almost 10 years 😮

Comment

Whoa. Long time ago. Skopod 60 pipe is still on the jetpro website. Wonder if its updated and current...

Comment

Working...
                        X