Flybar’d GSR40 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flybar’d GSR40 build

Bought this GSR40 with intentions of stripping parts off it. Couldn’t get the TGN FLYBARS off so I’m gonna build it. FLYBARS have TGN extensions. Came with gp460 adapter plate. GSR40 frame has Maddog rear brake caliper so it’s not that bad. Rear frame has been capped before by someone else. Looks like a toy maker GSR40 clutch was added. Needs some work so I added my 1mm gp460 headkit motor from a previous build. Got it running. Just need a few parts like exhaust, reattach brakes and longer throttle cable. Will update over time.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 12 photos.

I have a DDM dominator on my GSR40 gp460 conversion and I am having trouble with installing an ada chain tensioner, any advice?
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Your gonna have to modify the mounting bracket. This ddm dominator was modified when I got it. I attached a photo for reference.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Added new ada replacement cylinder
        added new ada 15:1 1mm stroker dome
        added new dome copper gasket
        added two .020 copper cylinder gaskets
        added .005 copper cylinder gasket
        Added new 56 tooth rear sprocket
        added new 8 tooth front gasket
        added new ada chain tensioner
        added new chain
        added new goped grip set
        added new kenda rear tire.

I tried to start the goped up but wasn’t getting any spark. Tried adjusting the carb but it’s pouring fuel out of the filter. Wondering if I need one more cylinder gasket squish clearance. Was also able to mount the flashsystem exhaust into both mounting points for solid mount.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I managed to flood the crankcase up with fuel. Had to remove the carb and spark plug to vent out fluid. Brand new spark plug wasn’t sparking so I may have primed it too much. I had to use a used spark plug to check ignition. Got everything bolted back up so will start it soon. Piston arrow is facing exhaust port. Pulse hole looks clear from obstruction.

Comment

You can’t prime too much...

Comment

Yeah I tried to start it again but this time no priming the carb. Ended up flooding the engine again. Adjusted the coil. No start. Fuel is running thru the pulse line. No choice but to remove engine and take it apart. Fuel is running out of the exhaust port. Never seen this before.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Returning the carb and close the needle and see if it's the carb most likely it is

Comment

Added new hda 223 carb. Changed ignition coil. Removed cylinder to add one 0.20 copper gasket. Dumped out fuel out of crankcase. Still not getting fire.

Going to remove the piston and re swap the cylinder back to original soon. Will update with photos.

Comment

Did u try putting the spark plug in the coil and put it on the outside cylinder wall and pull the starter to see if it's getting any sparks

Comment

Yeah. no spark from spark plug. But it’s getting spark from the flywheel. The spark plug boot is hot when jamming metals into it with ground. Added new gp460 motor with same issue. Motor without adapter plate gets spark to spark plug.

Thanks for your feedback.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Unplug the kill switch and see if it turns on....maybe it's just not grounded right

Comment

Placed my gsr60 kit on this goped. Added ds gsr60 motor mount. New toy maker clutch. Still no spark. Considering on adding a ground wire from the fan cover to the frame. See if that helps it get spark. Gp460 motor started first pull on my gsr46r frame.
                          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngbone623 View Post
                            Placed my gsr60 kit on this goped. Added ds gsr60 motor mount. New toy maker clutch. Still no spark. Considering on adding a ground wire from the fan cover to the frame. See if that helps it get spark. Gp460 motor started first pull on my gsr46r frame.

That's A nice set up u got buddy with that rs pipe

Comment

Thanks. It certainly screams nicely. Clocked it at 37 at half throttle in a school zone. Way too much for residential streets/traffic. Lots of fun leaning into turns. I nicknamed this gsr60 “the twin towers”.

Comment

Working...
                              X