No announcement yet.

Flybar’d GSR40 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the problem with no spark issues. The throttle cable was the culprit. Replaced it with a factory gsr46 throttle cable. Goped now starts and runs. I need a gp460 chain tensioner before riding it. Will update soon.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Project is complete for now. Installed new ada chain tensioner. Added used 52 tooth rear sprocket. Currently has a 9 tooth front sprocket. Tuned the carburetor. Runs and drives. Perfect idle when letting off the throttle. Going to do a long road test to check for loose bolts next.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I ended up blowing up the gsr60 engine after the carb swivel arm broke loose. The spring I added was too much tension for the throttle shaft. The swivel arm broke off when wide open throttle off the ground. Didn’t fully seize, but it shut off like with compression loss.

I ended up adding the 460 head kit motor from the first build back on with flashsystem exhaust. I took video of the first start. Road test yielded good results. Will update when I find a hda48 modified throttle shaft.

Gsr40 460 running link:
        https://youtu.be/Yi3l60NuV3Q

Comment

A toymaker clutch hooks up to a 460 crank and a 60 crank?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandwiches View Post
            A toymaker clutch hooks up to a 460 crank and a 60 crank?

It fits on a 460 crank. I have a special 460 clutch boss that fits on the 60 crank. The toy maker cutch bell fits perfectly on the 60 engine where the gsr40 clutch bell doesn’t.

Comment

got it thanks. Im slowly getting into the 60 world.

Comment

Working...
              X