No announcement yet.

Flybar’d GSR40 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the problem with no spark issues. The throttle cable was the culprit. Replaced it with a factory gsr46 throttle cable. Goped now starts and runs. I need a gp460 chain tensioner before riding it. Will update soon.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Project is complete for now. Installed new ada chain tensioner. Added used 52 tooth rear sprocket. Currently has a 9 tooth front sprocket. Tuned the carburetor. Runs and drives. Perfect idle when letting off the throttle. Going to do a long road test to check for loose bolts next.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I ended up blowing up the gsr60 engine after the carb swivel arm broke loose. The spring I added was too much tension for the throttle shaft. The swivel arm broke off when wide open throttle off the ground. Didn’t fully seize, but it shut off like with compression loss.

I ended up adding the 460 head kit motor from the first build back on with flashsystem exhaust. I took video of the first start. Road test yielded good results. Will update when I find a hda48 modified throttle shaft.

Gsr40 460 running link:

Comment

A toymaker clutch hooks up to a 460 crank and a 60 crank?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandwiches View Post
            A toymaker clutch hooks up to a 460 crank and a 60 crank?

It fits on a 460 crank. I have a special 460 clutch boss that fits on the 60 crank. The toy maker cutch bell fits perfectly on the 60 engine where the gsr40 clutch bell doesn’t.

Comment

got it thanks. Im slowly getting into the 60 world.

Comment

​​​​​​started working on the gsr60. Added new mb modified throttle shaft for hda48 carb. Added new g62 top end with piston. Got the motor running just slowly breaking the engine in.

short video of the gsr60:
                This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working on a ts60 replica. I have a gsr40 flywheel machined to match the g62 crank. Does anyone know the timing on a ts60 engine? I’m planning on using my flashsystem exhaust until I order a jetpro ts60 pipe.
                  This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Got everything need to assemble the ts60 replica. Gonna try to use a modded geo ignition coil for this build. I think I found the timing for the flywheel from an old thread. Will update soon.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Fully assembled the gsr60 engine. The geo ignition looks good on flywheel. Added new clutch and hardware. Gonna run stock exhaust until I re weld the flashsystem exhaust.
                      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Nice work
                        Instagram: @base_cat

Comment

Got the gsr60 engine installed. Still doesn’t start. I got no spark, and flooded engine. Gonna break down the engine and re time the flywheel. Engine made a pop and squeeze like it’s off timing.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Got the fake ts60 motor running. I have to adjust the chain but everything seems to be good. I changed the timing and it started first pull. Tuned the carb. Brings back memories of owning a real ts60 kit.

Fake ts60 motor running:
                            Last edited by Youngbone623; 01-16-2023, 09:34 AM. Reason: Added better quality sound video 011623

Comment

Started to work on the gsr60 this weekend, I reset the timing on the flywheel and got it running with a flashsystem exhaust. Took it out for a ride and this thing is a torque monster! Still working out the kinks. Will update soon.

Short gsr60 raw video:
                              This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X