Announcement

Collapse

General Forum Rules

This forum is open to all brands and aftermarket products.


No flaming or insulting other members, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.


Treat others how you want to be treated. If you do not have anything nice or productive to say, then don't say anything at all. Remember, you are interacting with real people and if you wouldn't say it to their face, then you probably shouldn't type it. Don't be a keyboard warrior!


No profanity. Dropping f-bombs doesn't make you cool.


Absolutely no obscene or pornographic content is allowed

Please post in the appropriate sections

Do not email, PM, call, or carrier pigeon etc. ADA Racing or admin with complaints about bans or Billetboard drama. If you were banned, it was for a reason and we're too busy to deal with those kind of complaints. If you have an issue with a moderator, please PM said moderator or any of the other moderators and if they have time to address it they will. Remember, we offer this board as a service to the community and it is a privilege to be on here, not a right.

Any member violating the above rules will be banned

These rules may be updated at any time
See more
See less

GP460 on GSR40 frame *HELP*!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by blt113 View Post
    When does the engine cut? After idling for a few seconds or when you give it some throttle?
    After idling for a few seconds. When I give it gas it revs up and sounds good. Do you have facetime or video chat? Please call me ir video 603 491 5932

    It would help me so much if you could just listen and watch it I will pay you paypal $50 asap if you help me get it stay running I would he insanely grateful

    Comment


    • #32
      I am about to go into work, so I won't be able to help over the phone right now.

      ​​​​​​​What is your low needle setting at? Is your idle screw just touching the throttle arm?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by blt113 View Post
        I am about to go into work, so I won't be able to help over the phone right now.

        What is your low needle setting at? Is your idle screw just touching the throttle arm?
        My low needle is fluctuating everytime I reset it, I end up turning it out (ccw) to lower the idle screw but the idle screw is turned in this much.l and low jet is 2 and 3/4 from lightly seate . . High jet is 2 and 1/2 from lightly seated
        Attached Files
        Last edited by FutureFasty; 08-29-2019, 09:15 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Take off the air filter so you can see the throttle valve. Loosen the idle screw and watch the throttle valve inside the carb. Tighten the idle screw until you just see the valve start to open. Put filter back on.

          2-3/4 is way too rich for the low. Tighten the low speed screw until it just seats. Don't use force. Back it out 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns.

          The high seems right but we won't worry bout that now.

          Take out the spark plug and take a look at it. Is it wet and black? Either clean the electrode or try a new plug.

          Does your motor start up again easily after it shuts down?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by blt113 View Post
            Take off the air filter so you can see the throttle valve. Loosen the idle screw and watch the throttle valve inside the carb. Tighten the idle screw until you just see the valve start to open. Put filter back on.

            2-3/4 is way too rich for the low. Tighten the low speed screw until it just seats. Don't use force. Back it out 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns.

            The high seems right but we won't worry bout that now.

            Take out the spark plug and take a look at it. Is it wet and black? Either clean the electrode or try a new plug.

            Does your motor start up again easily after it shuts down?
            Ok, for the valve, stop screwikg in when it opens up or when it starts moving back to open up? Because it wont open until it's almost like at least half way screwed in then it's a tiny but opened. It's not really soaken wet but it's a little wet and a tiny bit of blackiquid. Ok I'll put the low to 1 and a half

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by FutureFasty View Post

              Ok, for the valve, stop screwikg in when it opens up or when it starts moving back to open up? Because it wont open until it's almost like at least half way screwed in then it's a tiny but opened. It's not really soaken wet but it's a little wet and a tiny bit of blackiquid. Ok I'll put the low to 1 and a half
              One of the crank case bolts is stripped but everything seems tight. ****in bullshit If they sent me this motor with stripped screws. 2 of them came stripped. One case and one for access to the exhaust muffler

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by FutureFasty View Post

                One of the crank case bolts is stripped but everything seems tight. ****in bullshit If they sent me this motor with stripped screws. 2 of them came stripped. One case and one for access to the exhaust muffler
                What's your email I'll send a video what it sounds like and bow its acting. I have low jet at 1 and a half now

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by FutureFasty View Post

                  Ok, for the valve, stop screwikg in when it opens up or when it starts moving back to open up? Because it wont open until it's almost like at least half way screwed in then it's a tiny but opened. It's not really soaken wet but it's a little wet and a tiny bit of blackiquid. Ok I'll put the low to 1 and a half
                  Correct. Start screwing idle screw in until you see the valve just start to open.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Hey sorry I don't do social media or facetime. Hoping we can help get you running fine on the GP460.

                    I would think that you should read about 2 cycle engines and how the adiabatic cycle functions. That might make for better understanding of why the staring screw settings on the carbs. But idle screw should generally be obvious with lowest possible idle. Not too low to kill the motor but not too much in to have the motor revving up.
                    Last edited by ESR_RSE; 08-30-2019, 06:19 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Generally poor functions from the carb means that the gasket is shot and it is failing at the pumping action BTW.
                      Last edited by ESR_RSE; 09-02-2019, 08:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I have it running and idling good but the clutch is not engaging now..

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X