Trying to hit 40mph with my gsr46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to hit 40mph with my gsr46

Hey I was wondering what Would i need too do to get to around 40mph I'm currently around 35mph and I weigh around 140-150lbs I picked it up about a year ago for $600 I'm useing 36:1 on premium fuel and royal purple 2 cycle I also noticed after about 15mins of rideing there would be a drop of oil ready to fall near the exhaust tip so I wipe it off , do I need too tune it better any help would be awesome! This is the ped it has a rhino exhaust and new street tires thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Heyped321; 11-23-2020, 08:33 AM.

Run 10T/76 gearing, also the oil on the exhaust is fine. Run 20 or 24:1, 36:1 is not enough oil.

Comment

Originally posted by dsport View Post
      Run 10T/76 gearing, also the oil on the exhaust is fine. Run 20 or 24:1, 36:1 is not enough oil.
      ok will do I'll change the ratio to 24:1 would I loose power with extra oil? what parts would I need to get I wanna order them asap get it ready when the weather warms back up here, also if there's a small leak around the exhaust seal will it loose power

Comment

I run 20:1 in everything, ESP porting also recommends 20:1, what gearing are you running right now?

Comment

I run 20:1 in everything, ESP porting also recommends 20:1, what gearing are you running right now?
          Its stock gears just a exhaust is the main mod for now, I dont know much about gearing but I would love to know what parts I need so I can replace them I'm pretty handy at fixing stuff

Comment

What would the speed difference be if I go with 8 or 9 tooth or do you highly recommend 10

Comment

Originally posted by Heyped321 View Post
              What would the speed difference be if I go with 8 or 9 tooth or do you highly recommend 10
              A 9T would be a more conservative route, it will go about 45.

Comment

While your at it I’d swap for some lower engagement springs too, it’ll ride a lot better.

swapping the gear isn’t that difficult, it unscrews from the clutch with standard CCW threads. You’ll need to pull the motor to access the clutch bell and keep it from spinning while you remove the sprocket.
                Last edited by dsport; 11-24-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

A 9T would be a more conservative route, it will go about 45.
                  ok cool so 9t and a 76t is what I would need to purchase would the same chain work or do I also need a new one too

Comment

While your at it I’d swap for some lower engagement springs too, it’ll ride a lot better.

swapping the gear isn’t that difficult, it unscrews from the clutch with standard CCW threads. You’ll need to pull the motor to access the clutch bell and keep it from spinning while you remove the sprocket.
                    Forgot to say it has yellow springs that where put on a few months ago,ok sounds good will it need more tuning and replacing parts if I get it up to 45mph also is acceleration gonna be decent or will it have a slower takeoff, and there's a tiny leak around the exhaust where it goes in the engine would it help performance wise to seal it, I was looking for a part because it just has silicone around it kinda ghetto rigged lol keeps cracking around it and leaks oil from that area
                    Last edited by Heyped321; 11-24-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Would the 11t /76 make it go even faster

Comment

Originally posted by Heyped321 View Post
                        Would the 11t /76 make it go even faster
                        No, That’s too big for a 46, maybe on a 60.

Comment

No, That’s too big for a 46, maybe on a 60.
                          Stock gsr46 come with a rear 76t correct me if I'm wrong so all I would need is a 9t front sprocket! Do I also need a new chain

Comment

9T front is a good place to start, you shouldn’t need anything else.

Comment

9T front is a good place to start, you shouldn’t need anything else.
                              your the best, you've helped me a lot in the past always appreciated man, gonna order that sprocket now!

Comment

Working...
                              X