No announcement yet.

Trying to hit 40mph with my gsr46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you have a good helmet and gear, hitting 40+ is moving on these things. 2nd ride on my GTR Interceptor I slid down the road. Ride safe

Comment

Originally posted by GSTR2546 View Post
      I hope you have a good helmet and gear, hitting 40+ is moving on these things. 2nd ride on my GTR Interceptor I slid down the road. Ride safe
      Uh oh those I don't have lol I definitely need to pick up some safety gear! Sheesh how did that happen if you don't mind me asking was the ground wet or pebble and dirt caused it

Comment

You got that gsr for a pretty good deal. You should switch your fuel to 94 octane or higher. I run 101. With redline 2-stroke oil mixed at 25:1. After that do some carb tuning. 1-1/2 on the low an 1-3/4 is the high needle. After that you can see how you like it an if your happy with it back the high needle out a bit more to be safe. 36:1 mix is less oil. So your carb could've been set rich to make up for that. If you live in a hot climate then I'd keep it around 2 turn out on the high needle to be safe. My stock gsr does about 40mph. I'll gps it an verify it after Saturday for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heyped321 View Post

Uh oh those I don't have lol I definitely need to pick up some safety gear! Sheesh how did that happen if you don't mind me asking was the ground wet or pebble and dirt caused it
          Not sure I had my throttle cable right or I think the the lock nut is on the wrong side. The throttle idle changes and it tends to want to not return. More or less sticks wide open. Definitely don’t pin the throttle to the bar anymore. It wheelied out of control. Stood straight up and down ground the air filter, and stinger on my dominator pipe ground down. I supermanned thru the air slid down the asphalt about 20’ on my stomach. Ground a hole in my knee and arm. I had a thick coat and insulated jeans on since was pretty cold that day. The dominator pipes have quite the powerband btw!

I have a thread in the Builds forum if you want to check out my GTRi.

I hope you do get some gear! It will save you possibly if you hit the deck!
          Last edited by GSTR2546; 11-29-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gopedsince2002 View Post
            You got that gsr for a pretty good deal. You should switch your fuel to 94 octane or higher. I run 101. With redline 2-stroke oil mixed at 25:1. After that do some carb tuning. 1-1/2 on the low an 1-3/4 is the high needle. After that you can see how you like it an if your happy with it back the high needle out a bit more to be safe. 36:1 mix is less oil. So your carb could've been set rich to make up for that. If you live in a hot climate then I'd keep it around 2 turn out on the high needle to be safe. My stock gsr does about 40mph. I'll gps it an verify it after Saturday for you.
            Oat definitely I'm gonna het better oil and go with 25:1 also retune the carb to get the most power out if it, I'm in Chicago! Your gsr is completely stock and dose 40mph? No upgrades at all? I use the highest gas grade I could get where do they sell 101?

Comment

[QUOTE=GSTR2546;n334714]

Not sure I had my throttle cable right or I think the the lock nut is on the wrong side. The throttle idle changes and it tends to want to not return. More or less sticks wide open. Definitely don’t pin the throttle to the bar anymore. It wheelied out of control. Stood straight up and down ground the air filter, and stinger on my dominator pipe ground down. I supermanned thru the air slid down the asphalt about 20’ on my stomach. Ground a hole in my knee and arm. I had a thick coat and insulated jeans on since was pretty cold that day. The dominator pipes have quite the powerband btw!

I have a thread in the Builds forum if you want to check out my GTRi.

dang that's scary I hope that never happens to me, my throttle cable is very smooth when I accelerate and de acceleration what should I look out for so I don't deal with that? Dominator pipes I heard are awesome also, cool I'm gonna check your build out its definitely gonna teach me new stuff to learn

Comment

My take is just respect the ped. Things can happen quickly as I found out. Lesson learned for sure.
                Winter weather is in my neck of the woods so won’t be doing any 2 wheel rides for probably 4 months but I check out various forums to keep in the loop as to what people are up to. Ride safe!
                M

Comment

Jackets w pads are not expensive. If going over 20mph you should also wear a full face helmet.

Comment

Working...
                  X