Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ada clutch/3rd bearing on bigfoot

First post!

I felt like grabbing a piece of my teen years back and picked up a bigfoot from someone in town. Let me start by saying, it seems to be in great shape!

The original owner put an ADA clutch on the original motor, and it works great. I would like to add on the 3rd bearing support and tensioner to help keep this motor on the tire better.

I made a purchase from ada for the bearing, tensioner, and a 3rd bearing spindle. Shortly after, they informed me that the clutch does not work with the 3rd bearing support. I found an adapter bracket at ddm, has anyone else had luck using that bracket and putting all this together?

Thank you!

Well, I did some more shopping today and came to realize that I was going to spend over 500 in upgrades on DDM to make this thing the way I'd like, and I might as well just get a GSR46R....so I ordered a GSR46R from GoMeyer. I plan to sell my Bigfoot (or maybe just keep it) and get some of that money back. I guess this post can be closed, unless someone has some info to chime in that might help others in the future regarding the ADA clutch and 3rd bearing setup

Comment

[QUOTE=abnormalsteve;n334943]Well, I did some more shopping today and came to realize that I was going to spend over 500 in upgrades on DDM to make this thing the way I'd like, and I might as well just get a GSR46R....so I ordered a GSR46R from GoMeyer. I plan to sell my Bigfoot (or maybe just keep it) and get some of that money back. I guess this post can be closed, unless someone has some info to chime in that might help others in the future regarding the ADA clutch and 3rd bearing setup[/QUOTE

$70 for the 3rd bearing. An $30 for the adapter. $28.50 for the lock down. Run the original engine until you find a deal of the week on an engine.
      Last edited by gopedsince2002; 01-10-2021, 12:20 AM.

Comment

It's so worth it. Gsr big heavy greasy. Old Bigfoot just simplified.
        Attached Files

Comment

gopedsince2002 - that thing is gorgeous. You might have me convinced to keep the bigfoot. How often do the ada clutches last you?

Comment

I got the ped in March by accident. I tore it down to peices. Gave it a good cleaning an fixed the original engine by replacing the cylinder. The insulator mounting boss was broken off the cylinder. Just new seals and gaskets an the 22yr old engine runs strong with its original rings. An just before I put it on the ped I added the clutch. Probably out about 250 miles on it an then pulled the LH engine off an bolted a new out the box G320 on it. Same clutch an it's fine. It's now probably got like 500 miles on it. I ride it a lot an do mostly WOT long rides and steep hills. Only clutch issue I noticed was the bearings. The outer area where the sit had some rust like dust near it. So I pulled it apart an replaced the bearings. 2 weeks ago. I think that issue happened from me hosing off the ped a couple of times when I had originally put it together. Other then that it's been fine for me.

Comment

Working...
            X