Martin Monster Beast 52cc Porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Monster Beast 52cc Porting

Anyone have any info on porting specs for the Mitsubishi 52cc Engine? Looking to build a OG Super Beast

Maybe measure port timing and go from there. People have posed specs that work for 460s and 40s and 63s, I’d probably just copy that.

Comment

Originally posted by dsport View Post
      Maybe measure port timing and go from there. People have posed specs that work for 460s and 40s and 63s, I’d probably just copy that.
      That's probably what I will have to do, engines vastly different than most Zenoah's . Transfer ports are huge compared to a 40 but the intake and exhaust ports are somewhat similar. Not many of these engine around these day's, nice to find one in good condition. All keep the site posted on results, hoping for 45mph with stock gearing.

Comment

Well I just got done porting the intake and exhaust ports and decided to leave the transfer ports alone. The transfer ports were a massive 2 port layout and I felt any change would decrease performance. I have so far installed a flipped sikk eb pipe with a larger bleed/stinger and a HDA 223. The gearing is a tall 7/60 and it flat out rips. This 52cc monster really feels like it has the low end punch of a stock g62 and the top end of a 420/460. It's probably and this is a guess topping out in the low to mid 40s. It has a very unusual single linear powerband with a very slight powerband in the high 30s that takes you into the 40s. Overall I'm very impressed with the Martin Monster Beast/B-52. It's not a Super Beast but very close to it. I will try to post the pics up tomorrow of it and the porting.

Comment

Working...
        X