Racing 31mm goped crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing 31mm goped crank

Hey guys, anyone know if a racing 31mm goped crank fits a G23LH?? I was told that what it was for. Also told it didnt add a noticeable gain. I honestly thought I could throw it in a case with a big bore top end, pipe, upgraded carb, etc. Thoughts??

Seems that would be a +3mm over the stock. The displacement is so small on the G23LH even if you got it to fit with extra gaskets etc I doubt would be worth the hassle.

The G29RC (new complete engine for the price of a top end and pipe) puts out 3.5HP bone stock so why bother with anything on the 23cc?

Comment

It is just laying around, and I have a G23LH lower with a 25cc top end. Already have a pipe, already have carbs, no additional money out of my pocket. Thought was why not. I have a R230 2.5hp on a sport now. Pleanty of mid and topend. 27mph with my phata$$ on it. Ha. I know, building the old motors is old school and with modern engines, almost pointless. But I really wanted to make sure it was a 23cc crank and possibly build one oit of my tired engine. I may or may not build it.
      You would be surprised in my area that people either dont want the added power or have no clue how to even ride them.
      To me it is a sleeper. Make it run with the big boys.
      thanks for the reply

Comment

Post some pics if you try it. I think your compression would be so high that you would need race gas.

Comment

Very true. Most likely a winter project as soon as a few pocket bikes and a different goped are done.
          I could raise the head, probably use an RC head I have. I will definitely let ya know and post pics along the way.

Comment

Just double check your clearance on the downstroke too. Might need to shave the piston?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverbullitt7 View Post
              Very true. Most likely a winter project as soon as a few pocket bikes and a different goped are done.
              I could raise the head, probably use an RC head I have. I will definitely let ya know and post pics along the way.
              I installed it one on a g290rc. Be advised the spacing between the flywheel and ignition. The rc ignition bolts directly to the cylinder. The more you raise the cylinder, less space for the ignition. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X