Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what pipe/muffler this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what pipe/muffler this is?

ok so as some of u may know that i recently got my gsr25/460 ped stolen not to long ago and now i am thinking of starting a new build,this time i will go all out and do a twin cylinder kinda like the one pictured except mine will be water cooled,and i really like the way those twin cylinders sound like a street bike and with that street bike style pipes and muffler it sounds more like a street bike,so i wanted to ask you guys if u know the brand of that muffler and also do those twin pipes come with the muffler or it is bought seperately?also do u guys know a link to where i could order the pipes/muffler from?
    thanks everyone,
    boxer

BOXER951
    Goped Builder ;)
    Last edited by BOXER951; 10-01-2014, 12:41 AM.
    boxeroni

I think this is more of a muffler than a pipe and would hinder, rather than increase performance. Its just like on the stock beachcruiser bike kits, without the muffler it goes much faster. I would just go with the dual mini rhino's
    Gsr40/46 full mod, Gsr26/46 race build, VCG VenturaCoastGopeds Krew

Comment

Looks like a custom made job.

Do yourself a favor and go with two pipes instead.
      GTR 460, GSR40 TSi, GSR40, Riot, Bigfoot, Sport, SGQ46, Evo 2X, Super GrowPed, TRQ....OHH YEAH!

Comment

Man there is a lot of custom work in that GTR..Did you also notice that it is using a 78mm mount and not a 54? That is a major problem for the small bore enthusiasts.

That pipe looks one off to me.. A set of hydra pipes would look sick.

Comment

yea i guess you guys are right,ima just go with dual rhino's or [email protected] yea i noticed that it is using a 78mm an not the 54mm that those rcmk's come with..which is why i will have to build an adapter or maybe just buy the 54 to 78 clutch adapter from hopedder once their finished.i know it will not be a bolt on type conversion but that's coo with me,i have done afew crazy builds b4,not sure if u guys ever seen my yellow bladez with a 220cc bladez 4 stroke engine?had so much torque that i added some custom built tall #35 sprockets for better top speed,it ran exacyly 41mph but had a fast take off speed and could haul anyone,any weight..sucker was fast.i also stretched the bladez frame for better stability which i don't think it made any difference by doing so.
          any how i'm ready for another crazy build,only this time it will be done right.powdercoat all the parts or anodize them,build a bullet proof powerhouse for the gtr..which is why i will be going with an rcmk s520 dual cylinder water cooled which in my opinion is a bullet proof setup..plus those engines have like what 12hp-13hp which is what i want so i can put some tall gearing on it.
          boxeroni

Comment

also heres afew more pics of the rcmk twin cylinder gtr.

boxeroni

Comment

Although two 'expansion chambers' of some sort would increase performance, I can't imagine that custom two into one muffler would "hinder" performance compared to two cans. And I have to say that is the cleanest exhaust I have ever seen on a scooter. Kudos to the fabricator.
              CP......
              HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by SJ View Post
                Although two 'expansion chambers' of some sort would increase performance, I can't imagine that custom two into one muffler would "hinder" performance compared to two cans. And I have to say that is the cleanest exhaust I have ever seen on a scooter. Kudos to the fabricator.
                that's exactly what i'm talking about SJ,those two pipes into one high performance muffler shouldn't really hurt the performance of the engine,plus the way the two pipes look makes me want to copy that exactly the same.for the muffler i will maybe look into a street bike one like a yoshimura maybe or even a high performance moped muffler.i know if i were to add two mini rhinos,it would bump up it's performance from these two pipes but 13hp stock can mufflers is more then enough hp for me besides that muffler setup there should increase performance from the stock cans..anyhow,i have to go with this same exact setup.looks real clean and sounds even better,kinda quiet imo which i like the most yet it still has that deep throaty street bike sound..could be because of the 2 cylinders working instead of just one.
                boxeroni

Comment

i think i could start with this muffler here and some fat pipes from cylinders to muffler,ima try to go with fat pipes like the ones on that gtr maybe alil bit fatter if possible.
                  boxeroni

Comment

i wanted to do this a while back i even sourced radiators and a water pump and i made a generator setup to run the pump i can pm you all the info if you want

Comment

Here is an old pic of a similar set up on a HONDA 31cc 4-stroke on an original BigBoy scooter.
                      Attached Files
                      CP......
                      HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Comment

im sure no one is jumping at the chance to buy Flowsystem parts right now,
                        but Eric makes a twin pipe for this engine..
                        Why join um, when you can beat um?

Comment

Where do u buy a twin engine I seen a vid on youtube of a twin hard tire
                          If you aint mixing gas you aint halling a$$

Originally posted by EvoSpeed
                          Anthony I- the zip tie king

Comment

Originally posted by BrentMG View Post
                            im sure no one is jumping at the chance to buy Flowsystem parts right now,
                            but Eric makes a twin pipe for this engine..
                            Any pictures of it all mounted up?
                            GTR 460, GSR40 TSi, GSR40, Riot, Bigfoot, Sport, SGQ46, Evo 2X, Super GrowPed, TRQ....OHH YEAH!

Comment

Originally posted by pedguy View Post
                              Any pictures of it all mounted up?
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnV5u5oI7s4
                              Why join um, when you can beat um?

Comment

Working...
                              X