heat problems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat problems???

I just recently bought a SK27RC from adaracing.com and i put on a stalker exhaust and a k&n filter. It may just be me but ive been noticing that my engine is very very hot as in i cant touch my engine cover, does any one else have this problem with there motor? Also should i get a cool head and do they really work?
    SPORT:stalker exhaust, k&n filter, SK27RC.
    honda 400ex: piped, chipped and ported for glamis!!!

2 stroke engines run out, that's just how it is. Make sure you run your fuel ratio correctly, and tune your carb correctly and it SHOULD be ok.

Obviously, avoid excessivly hard riding on stupid hot days. A cool head is not a bad investment. Thermally couple one on, and you can achieve a marked reduction in operating/standby temp.

Comment

My next question is how do i put a coolhead on my ped? As in it requires drilling, were do i drill cuz i dont want to drill into the cyilinder head? Also is there anything else i can do to make my ped run cooler besides the coolhead?

Comment

Yes, you could make a supercooler because those fit against the cylinder.

Comment

whats a supercooler and how do i make it.

Comment

so wimmig, how much of a temperature drop have you seen when thermally coupling a cool head?
            Modded out Super x ped, G2d xped,
            Modded out Yamaha wave blaster, and a Stock Yamaha wave raider.
            Ride Yamaha

Comment

Working...
            X