$2.75 RC Kill switch for GSR40+ others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.75 RC Kill switch for GSR40+ others

I installed a kill switch on my GSR 40 the other day, and I thought that I would pass along the information. It is an inexpensive install, that was really quick

Well, I have been building a GSR for the spring, and slowly adding things to customize it. I installed a new set of handlebars, controls, ADA hydralic Maguras with shocks, etc.

Anyway, I don't really like the appearance of the stock kill switch, so I decided to do some research. There are many places that sell the RC style kill switch, but it was $8.00, and the worse part is that I would have to wait for it.

So I took a little trip to Radio Shack, and voila, it is done.

It was sooo easy to install, anyone looking to upgrade to an RC style switch should do themselves a favor, and save money by doing the following.

The correct part number is: Radio Shack 275-1565 "Soft-Feel" switch. This switch does not need to be held in, you just give it a push, and it stays engaged; and turns off. Push the button another time, and it releases, ready to be started again.

Ultra Clean install..........

Anyone needed help, let me know.

chris
    Last edited by collier; 03-26-2003, 09:55 AM.
    chris collier
    [email protected]
    www.c2motorsports.net

Pic # 1
    chris collier
    [email protected]
    www.c2motorsports.net

Comment

Pic # 2
      chris collier
      [email protected]
      www.c2motorsports.net

Comment

Pic # 3
        chris collier
        [email protected]
        www.c2motorsports.net

Comment

Chris,
          Thats a pretty cool tip! One of the things that makes it very neat is the fact that it isnt a 'momentary contact' switch, which in effect adds something to the ' you cant start it unless I want you to' security.

Not many would think about that when trying to start your scooter.

Great idea!!

Comment

thats pretty tight
            I sold my goped

Comment

Working...
            X