Throttle cable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable question

Put Carbon fiber brake and throttle on GTR and Riot....was a moron and forgot to purchase the front brakes for both but did now and that's besides the point. We didn't start them at my friends house the other day when we finished. I purchased the braided GSR/Biggie throttle. I went to start both yesterday and on top of flooding the crap out of them ... I took the fancover off the riot today and pulled the magneto ... It started... but I dont have a killswitch to use it only stops when I turn the choke on. I'm assuming i have the same problem on the GTR obviously... I have no clue how im going to get under the fancover for the GTS the screws to get to the cover are taken up by jetpro rhino 46 brackets with RED loctite on them ... what do i do? ... basically i understand whats wrong the killswitch has to be disconnected because there is a ground which means the wire was broken somewhere ... It should only be ground when i hit the kill switch... i guess its touching metal somewhere... I didnt see him take the fan cover off the other day .. but he might have cut the throttle to shorten it he said the cable was too long. HELP!

you don't need to touch anything. what you need to do is throw those cables in the garbage and get some real deal oem cables. Those braided cables don't work with the kill switch.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3184/.f

Comment

are you kidding me .... so my homie did everything right ... (why dont they work)?? .. DDM should let people know you will loose use of your killswitch ... I dont think the same thing happened on my sport ... Ill have to try and ride it the throttle cable is different on the sport i think

Comment

Just run a separate kill switch wire. PMW cables do the same with their kill switch wire.
        Originally posted by Ogre
        I knew I was forgetting something, LUUBE!!!

Comment

so i can keep the carbon one and just run a new kill switch to the engine ... link ??? I really like the look of the carbon DDM should really say your going to loose use of your kill switch i feel like i was robbed badass

Comment

can someone please post a link to the part i need so i can connect my kill switch back to my engine and not get rid of these cables if that's possible

Comment

Either sf223 or sf222. The first is aftermarket...the second is factory. Those are the only parts you can buy to get the lebgth of kill switch wire you would need. Along with the ee215, which connects the long length wire to the coil's spade.

You could also take your old killswitch wire to a hardware store and get the same gauge speaker wire and appropriate bullet connectors and make your own kill switch. Bring the pieces with you to the store and I would hope the clerk would be competent enough to know what you need....

90% of the time I goto to the store and the clerk jumps the gun and asks if I need help. I tell them what I want to do, and the time it takes for him to show me 10 different options that I know wouldn't work, I could have found it myself.

Comment

I have learn this lesson the hard way myself with a customer's Go-Quad. If you want a kill switch you run OEM cable or run a separate kill wire it's the only way.
                HOLLISTER RACING Phoenix,AZ
                Amsoil Dealer
                Flowsystem Racing Dealer-north west Phoenix

Comment

I guess the simple stuff is learned the hard way.....* I didn't need to add buy anything.. just zip ties and electrical tape.... I just figured let me use the Killswitch on the stock cable *first.. .. Sliced it connected to to see if it worked (it did) ran it taped where necessary.. reseated *the kill switch on the top and bottom coming from engine near rear wheel and top on handlebars taped off where necessary... Np... Lost my rubber square for kill on fancover * from the one I fixed on the riot 46 this morning but other then that... I do not see any reason to even take the cover off the GTR *and look.. Obviously it's the same problem with all of em. I'll just splice em and check connection connection ... Glad it was able to be figured out, need to do the front brake cable tho.. ..thanks for the help blt113...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got the stock kill switches hooked up to both... Not perfect, but I think it's clean looking functional, and better then the black cables.. Finished pics when it's light out tomorrow. Lmk what you think, suggestions
                    Attached Files

Comment

Finished cables

Finished.....on sport riot n ripper
                      Attached Files

Comment

if you want to the kill switch to work without the ugly wire, you must replace the metal throttle with a plastic one and don't use a metal intake manifold. these things will ground the kill wire so the engine would not start.

Comment

Originally posted by pembo_moronic View Post
                          if you want to the kill switch to work without the ugly wire, you must replace the metal throttle with a plastic one and don't use a metal intake manifold. these things will ground the kill wire so the engine would not start.
                          That's awesome! I've heard every Goped person say the DDM cables don't work.

Never even stopped to think that aftermarket add ons caused the ground problem.

Comment

how would I go about that I dont think it looks that bad IMO...could be wrong though lol

Comment

well it kinda ruins the clean braided cable look especially with the cable ties.

Comment

Working...
                              X