Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPed GSR Sport vs Original

Hi,

I’ve been a skater for many years now. I’m mostly into longboarding now as I love cruising around on a chilled vibe and I’m a bit too old and fragile to pull off the tricks I used to as a young whippersnapper. I’ve been looking for something new though and got interested in the GoPed scooters. It seems pretty cool – seen some videos of scooters in skate parks – and I’m definitely liking the powered element too it. Partly for the speed and partly for the reduction in exertion compared with boarding. It’s going to be ideal for getting to work as well.

I’ve been looking online at GoPed Scooters for sale and have found a few likely candidates. I can’t decide whether to get the GSR Sport or the original sport. There is a price difference between the two but I’m not sure exactly what the difference is performance-wise. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it worth spending the extra and going for the GSR or is the original Sport good? Are there any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any help.

For the park, I say a spindle Sport would be best. Simplicity at it's finest. Less things hanging off the ped, less things to break.

For transport, an air tire GSR would be ideal. So much easier on the back and knees than a hard tire.

So if you only intend to own one, a GSR Sport would be the best in my opinion.
    Hell Fab

Comment

Between the GSR Sport and original Sport, there are a few differences.

The GSR has a centrifugal clutch, and the Sport doesn't. Meaning that you can come to a stop on on the GSR and keep the engine running.

Like DoH said, a Sport would be ideal for the skate park and any putting around you want to do because it is direct drive and lightweight. It has a sportier feel to it compared to the centrifugal clutch.

For cruising, I suggest you look into an air tire GSR or Bigfoot. These will be much smoother because of the air filled tires in comparison to the hard rubber tires on the GSR Sport and Sport.

Comment

I've spent a decent amount of time riding my super xped at the skate park and it is TONS of fun. I've always enjoyed doing big transfers and long grinds; made easy by the speed you can get on a goped. Skip the sport and go straight for a super xped. It's got the grind deck and an engine protection bar. Even a stock g230 is enough of engine for the park so no need to go crazy. Another benefit is that the engine on a spindle ped like the super x stops when you stop rolling. This is actually a very good feature for the skate park because it is polite to everyone else.

I'm going to say this flat out: a goped is not a reliable means of transportation. A brand new stock ped will run for a long time provided you do the standard maintenance; however, it will leave you stranded sooner than later. This may be just a subjective opinion but my experience is that every ped owner I know has had been stranded more than once. Never kept me down though...I always fixed er' up and got back on that horse.

Also... I've always felt that a GSR sport would be AWESOME for the skate park if it was equipped with a grind deck and a protector for the sprocket.... and a big motor
        50mph+ Electric Ped
        KT100 GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopy View Post
          Hi,

I’ve been a skater for many years now. I’m mostly into longboarding now as I love cruising around on a chilled vibe and I’m a bit too old and fragile to pull off the tricks I used to as a young whippersnapper. I’ve been looking for something new though and got interested in the GoPed scooters. It seems pretty cool – seen some videos of scooters in skate parks – and I’m definitely liking the powered element too it. Partly for the speed and partly for the reduction in exertion compared with boarding. It’s going to be ideal for getting to work as well.

I’ve been looking online at GoPed Scooters for sale and have found a few likely candidates. I can’t decide whether to get the GSR Sport or the original sport. There is a price difference between the two but I’m not sure exactly what the difference is performance-wise. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it worth spending the extra and going for the GSR or is the original Sport good? Are there any alternatives I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any help.
          Thanks for the help with this. I reckon I'll go for the sport as I'm just going to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopy View Post
            Thanks for the help with this. I reckon I'll go for the sport as I'm just going to buy one.

I would look for a Super X-Ped as Calius described. With what you're doing, it is the best option.
            Hell Fab

Comment

I just built this freestyle super-x-ped!

Comment

Where are you located Scoopy ?
                I just put together a Goped sport & I'm about to put together a Xped with a race pole & g260 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtmonkey View Post
                  Where are you located Scoopy ?
                  I just put together a Goped sport & I'm about to put together a Xped with a race pole & g260 engine.
                  Wtfff where have you been dirt? Long time no see

Comment

Originally posted by f1gopedder View Post
                    Wtfff where have you been dirt? Long time no see
                    What's up Mike
                    Just lurking now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtmonkey View Post
                      What's up Mike
                      Just lurking now.
                      Chillen man been wondering where you've been at. Don't be a stranger.

Comment

I was thinking about gsr would be better to jump bc no spindle to brake even with 3rd bearing...
                        but I completely see the direct drive of the spindle being good...
                        I live in Washington and got gsr sport for that semi wet ground... but truth is so black magic works

Comment

This thread is 5 years old
                          85 Honda Xr200r
                          85 suzuki lt250r quad racer.
                          Pedless

Comment

Working...
                          X