Pro 60 History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro 60 History

Hey guys I wanted to start a thread on the history of the Pro 60 Goped. Not many people know much about them or even ever heard of them. I for one do not know much about them besides it being a spindle driven G62 air tire ped made for racing. And does not use a pull starter. I was hoping the gurus could step in and help with all the specs. Like what year or years were they made, roughly how many were made, were they sold as complete gopeds, or kits or only frames, how many still around, pictures of the pro 60 specific parts, etc. And pictures of the pro 60 would be cool.

I took a chance recently and bought one off ebay. There was only one picture and the seller had no reviews. But it said it was new so I took a risk. After I had won the item the seller contacted me a few days later and said they were selling for someone who works at goped. I received it today and the package said it was shipped from Goped Werkx in NV... Which is the "new" Goped.... Hmmm I wonder if they found it moving...

20170603_155443_resized.jpg

20170603_155913_resized.jpg

20170603_155457_resized.jpg

20170603_155819_resized.jpg

20170603_155629_resized.jpg

Its has a few paint scratches, nicks and chips

20170603_155710_resized.jpg

20170603_155853_resized.jpg

20170603_155605_resized.jpg

Definitely not sure whats going on here....?

20170603_155520_resized.jpg

20170603_155541_resized.jpg

So that is definitely one of the later models.

It has the thicker head tube, extra support on the engine protection bar and beefier receptacle for the engine mount.

That was an awesome score for sure.
    Hell Fab

Comment

Very nice, good luck with the build!

Comment

They were supposed to be a special model I believe but ended up being sold only as a home builders kit.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoSpeed View Post
          They were supposed to be a special model I believe but ended up being sold only as a home builders kit.
          I miss the days of the homebuilder kits, they used to be the best bang for the buck because putting a goped together yourself is the best part and the money saved was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by f1gopedder View Post
            I miss the days of the homebuilder kits, they used to be the best bang for the buck because putting a goped together yourself is the best part and the money saved was pretty good.
            I agree! New Goped Werks if you are listening there is a market! We all like saving money. And building something ourselves is gratifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Depths of Hell View Post
              So that is definitely one of the later models.

It has the thicker head tube, extra support on the engine protection bar and beefier receptacle for the engine mount.

That was an awesome score for sure.
              Thanks!

So we now know there is more then one model pro60. If mine is a later model. Can we get someone to post a picture or two of the earlier models?

Comment

I don't know who you are UncleGeorge, but your posts above are some of the most interesting and informative posts on our history that I have ever seen.

WELCOME to the Billet Board, and keep the history lessons coming!
                CP......
                HOW we ride today, may determine IF we can ride tomorrow

Comment

In 2004 i bought the complete pro 60 homebuilders kit for just shy under 1k. It was still a pain to kickstart lol.

Solid as a rock tho!

Comment

My very first Pro 60 was shipped to me (free of charge) directly from Go-Ped, it was funny seeing all of the other pro's and myself trying to just keep them started to be able to start at the finish line. That is definitely a cool piece you've got there, let me know if you decide to trade/sell it.
                    Elliot Laurance
                    Coast Ped, Goped Superstore, ADA
                    World Domination 2003-2004

Comment

Hell yea now that's some great information! You guys are awesome!

Comment

I have some good photos of mine to show detail.

Mine came with a few parts robbed out...
                        But the basics are correct..

I may be able to help out with some parts...
                        ... J.

DSCF1845.jpg

DSCF1941.jpg

DSCF1944.jpg

DSCF1945.jpg

DSCF1946.jpg

DSCF1947.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg
                        There is nothing that cannot be fixed with a good cup of Tea.

Comment

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332248109809

Goped Pro 60 scooter parts new takeoff parts

Comment

It's actually funny that i just saw this thread, there is one for sale near me that i keep seeing on craigslist. might have to take a closer look. Does anyone know if spindles and such are still readily available?

Comment

And I have spindle bolts....

http://billetboard.com/showthread.ph...97%8F%E2%80%A2
                              Hell Fab

Comment

Working...
                              X