Announcement

Collapse

General Forum Rules

This forum is open to all brands and aftermarket products.


No flaming or insulting other members, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.


Treat others how you want to be treated. If you do not have anything nice or productive to say, then don't say anything at all. Remember, you are interacting with real people and if you wouldn't say it to their face, then you probably shouldn't type it. Don't be a keyboard warrior!


No profanity. Dropping f-bombs doesn't make you cool.


Absolutely no obscene or pornographic content is allowed

Please post in the appropriate sections

Do not email, PM, call, or carrier pigeon etc. ADA Racing or admin with complaints about bans or Billetboard drama. If you were banned, it was for a reason and we're too busy to deal with those kind of complaints. If you have an issue with a moderator, please PM said moderator or any of the other moderators and if they have time to address it they will. Remember, we offer this board as a service to the community and it is a privilege to be on here, not a right.

Any member violating the above rules will be banned

These rules may be updated at any time
See more
See less

Best upgrade(s) for $500 for Goped Sport

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best upgrade(s) for $500 for Goped Sport

    Hello, everyone. I'm looking to upgrade my sport (g23LH) to the fastest it can go with $500.

    I'm leaning towards buying the OBR 30.5cc FULL MOD REED CASE for $485 and buy a 3rd bearing. Last week. I received my brand new Jet Pro Pipe and UNI intak . I like them but it's still lacking that top speed I want like close to 40mph or more. How can I get at least 35mph if I didn't have to spent the whole $500 on the engine? I'm 6'1 150lbs for reference.

    Thank you much. My goped sport only has a Jetpro pipe and UNI filter with velocity stac . Thanks much in advance

  • #2
    Not sure it's a good idea to run 45 mph on solid rubber 6" tires . $500 will buy you a lot of speedy GSR
    "Everything you read on the internet is not entirely accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dean View Post
      Not sure it's a good idea to run 45 mph on solid rubber 6" tires . $500 will buy you a lot of speedy GSR
      I really just want the potential and to be going 30-35mph but not at the end of the RPMS. A lot of speedy gsr? What is that bud?

      Comment


      • #4
        A GSR is an air tire ped with typical speeds in the range that you seek . Search " GSR40" etc on this board
        "Everything you read on the internet is not entirely accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dean View Post
          A GSR is an air tire ped with typical speeds in the range that you seek . Search " GSR40" etc on this board
          Yes but $500 will buy me a lot of speedy GSR"?

          Is that implying that they go for 500 used with upgrades ?, and that there's a lot of them?

          Thanks on advance again, people. Absolutely appreciate it

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FutureFasty View Post

            Yes but $500 will buy me a lot of speedy GSR"?

            Is that implying that they go for 500 used with upgrades ?, and that there's a lot of them?

            Thanks on advance again, people. Absolutely appreciate it
            hahaha, made me laugh.

            Hitting 30’s with a hard tire is defiantly doable and fun as all hell. Especially when encouraging your buddy’s to take a spin and watching the look of terror on their faces when they return from a ride.

            My geo will hit 32-33. Medium port job/pipe/.900 spindle, I’m sure a 30cc+ motor can hit mid 30’s

            #1 thing you want on any high speed hard-tire is a bead-lock rear rim. It’s an absolute must as the tire will lift off the wheel and you can feel it sloshing around back there.

            #2 you want wider bars. You don’t have to go crazy, but atleast super-x ped width.

            #4 you’ll want a pole clamp (or race pole) this one depends on how much play you have. If your bars are solid, don’t worry about it. If they feel used like that woman in the back ally of the 7/11, you want a pole clamp.

            #5 motor. Any large bore rc (with pipe) will do ya. I’ve personally toured around with the idea of a g320, but lack of time has kept me away. You’ll need to redrill your frame mounting hole area for that. But there are slightly smaller platforms you mentioned that will help you avoid any fab work.

            #6 clutch. This one is preference. I like it both ways. But there is something to be said about the low profile of purely direct drive.
            *******Pedding since '02********

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dsport View Post

              hahaha, made me laugh.

              Hitting 30’s with a hard tire is defiantly doable and fun as all hell. Especially when encouraging your buddy’s to take a spin and watching the look of terror on their faces when they return from a ride.

              My geo will hit 32-33. Medium port job/pipe/.900 spindle, I’m sure a 30cc+ motor can hit mid 30’s

              #1 thing you want on any high speed hard-tire is a bead-lock rear rim. It’s an absolute must as the tire will lift off the wheel and you can feel it sloshing around back there.

              #2 you want wider bars. You don’t have to go crazy, but atleast super-x ped width.

              #4 you’ll want a pole clamp (or race pole) this one depends on how much play you have. If your bars are solid, don’t worry about it. If they feel used like that woman in the back ally of the 7/11, you want a pole clamp.

              #5 motor. Any large bore rc (with pipe) will do ya. I’ve personally toured around with the idea of a g320, but lack of time has kept me away. You’ll need to redrill your frame mounting hole area for that. But there are slightly smaller platforms you mentioned that will help you avoid any fab work.

              #6 clutch. This one is preference. I like it both ways. But there is something to be said about the low profile of purely direct drive.
              Thank you bro I appreciate all the help yes definitely loose pole haha I need a tace pole bsd. That's next on list for sure for both my peds.

              With the $500i just boiyghta GSR40. I hope I didn't waste money it's great condition and runs good I just hope they are worth $500 etc. I want to get a pipe for it next lol. Next week I hope to order one from jet pro and a new HP carb the following week

              Comment


              • #8
                Good buy
                *******Pedding since '02********

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think I went like 15 mph on a hard tire once. It was downright frightening. Almost hit a peanut shell and flew over the border wall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dsport View Post
                    Good buy
                    Thank you bud. Little dirty in the chain area and gear or sprocket? I Cleaned her all up this past day and she's looking pretty. Running great and I love her lo . I can't wait to get a pipe next to match my new jetpro on my baby sport. I want to get my sport ported and po loo ished or bored etc from someone on this forum and the gsr40 too after the sport is done. Who is available to do that? Anyone close to NH? THANK YOU MUCH GJYS. appreciate the comments

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X