First GoPed advice plzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First GoPed advice plzzzz

Bought my first GO-PED today and was recommended tho this website but anyways to the scooter. The guy I bought it from wasn’t sure what kind it was when I purchased it all he knew was that it was a G23LH engine and that it was 23cc it needs a new drive spindle which he showed me where it was and everything but I’m not sure if the drive spindles are universal or do I have to have a specific one for my specific GoPed I did little research into them before I bought one I just read that there reliable and fairly easy to tinker with which is what I wanted but I have never worked on small engines I’ve only done basic maintenance on my cars that I’ve owned. Any tips on some basic maintenance I should do or if anyone can tell me what type of scooter this is that would be great thanks for the help!! I posted pictures below!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

Yea sorry but that’s not a G23lh, it’s a geo, nothing but problems. But it’s a GeoBigfoot, the engine is a Zenoah GZ25N. Does it run?
    Last edited by Hubsondubs; 05-26-2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Damn that really sucks I looked up the G23LH motor before buying it and saw good stuff that’s why I bought it. It started up right away and it drove around the block he explained it needed a new spindle and I saw that they were cheap and easy to install I spent 250 and drove an hour😭

Comment

Well it’s a plus that it works, if all it needs is a spindle those are still available, not a horrible deal, I wouldn’t be too bummed. Parts are still available just that engine doesn’t have the best repetition probably because it doesn’t have a lot of mods. But for a neighborhood cruiser it’s not bad.

Comment

if it rides good then its not a bad buy. i want want of those to experiment on but they are tough to find for me. a spindle is about $15 depending on the type. a knurled one is like $12 or even less
          2 Sports and a GSR40

Comment

I believe your advice but how do I tell hubsondus but how do I know for sure it’s not the G23LH? Also if it is the GoPed your saying it is how would I know what kind of spindle I need? I bought it for fun and something to tinker on and work after working on my last truck I thought it would be to work on a small engine and maybe learn to customize or mod it but I don’t wanna throw a bunch of money Into something that’s gonna shit on me

Comment

a bigfoot spindle in the stock size of .625 will be the direct replacement size. And look, customizing anything costs money, depending on what you want to achieve with the goped. If it runs good, then just enjoy it until it doesn't run good anymore and we can guide you on repairs or upgrades. Just have fun and don't worry about the coulda woulda shoulda's of the hobby.
              2 Sports and a GSR40

Comment

I’ll tell you for sure, not a lh, with 100% positivity. Just go to ddm grab a Bigfoot spindle, longer than sport spindles they sell.

Comment

well I’m glad to hear that I’m not completely screwed wish I got the motor I thought I was paying for but glad I can fix it if needed didn’t wanna put more than another 250 into it but im excited to have something fun to play with and experiment with

Comment

Definitely not a G23LH but the GZ25 Geo engine.
                    2 Sports and a GSR40

Comment

My first ped was a geo-sport back in 2003. Still have it. Most people get scared away b/c of the stratocharger system but there are easy ways around it.

That motor is wayyyyyy more capable than a g23lh. def don’t be bummed with the one you have, you just need to know the geo tricks.

My old geo hangs with all my buddy’s 230/260 RC motors. It will do 32mph on flat ground with a 180lb rider.

How much do you weigh? And how flat/hilly is your riding area? One of the most important things about the geo motor is spindle selection. For my RC’s and LH’s id normally go 725 or 750, for the geo id go 850 or 900. The geos have loads of torque due to small intake/exhaust ports. Part of getting the geo motor to perform is playing to its strengths.

Comment

You guys are awesome glad I found this site I’m pretty excited about buying my first goped and Learning about them I weigh 180 (maybe way more after quarantine lol) and I live in Kansas City MO so it’s fairly hill actually I’ll only be using it for fun like going to the stores nearby my house and joy rides honestly I was bored and looking a new hobby and saw some videos about these and was hooked so I bought one the next day and here I am! I’m gonna buy a spindle today just wanna make sure I get the perfect one ☝️

Comment

Originally posted by Westbrook92 View Post
                          You guys are awesome glad I found this site I’m pretty excited about buying my first goped and Learning about them I weigh 180 (maybe way more after quarantine lol) and I live in Kansas City MO so it’s fairly hill actually I’ll only be using it for fun like going to the stores nearby my house and joy rides honestly I was bored and looking a new hobby and saw some videos about these and was hooked so I bought one the next day and here I am! I’m gonna buy a spindle today just wanna make sure I get the perfect one ☝️
                          hmm, it’s hard to say b/c I can only guess at your riding conditions. A safer bet would be an .800”, but it’s still a trade off.

on my gsr46, I run the gearing equiv. of a 1.250” spindle and this thing is a complete dog up big hills. Its basically a razor scooter off the line and on big hills. But it will do 50mph on flat ground.

Comment

That sounds awesome! I wouldn’t say there’s a bunch of huge hills around me but it’s far from flat I was reading that the bigger the spindle the slower take off but better for acceleration I still haven’t bought one yet tho because I keep hearing different stuff do the brands and stuff matter do I need the tool that some of them come with?
                            Last edited by Westbrook92; 05-27-2020, 04:16 PM. Reason: Typed that weird the first time

Comment

I'd try a slightly larger spindle .750" and see how that goes for you without overdoing it, being a stock engine and all.
                              2 Sports and a GSR40

Comment

Working...
                              X