Help Id engine on a Sport...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Id engine on a Sport...

Just got home from a lucky score at a yard sale. Picked up this Sport for $15. Missing a few parts and gonna need some love to get it running again.

Can anyone Id the engine? It looks like a Zenoah but it has a 29cc sticker. I cant seem to find any 29cc Zenoahs that look quite like this one.
    I am looking to get a new carb, fuel lines, etc.

Thanks!

Zenoah G23lh with a rc top
    Last edited by Hubsondubs; 05-22-2021, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubsondubs View Post
      Zenoah G23lh with a rc top
      Thank you! That explains why it wasnt matching up with any stock engines I was looking at.

Comment

Good setup just need a hp carb and that thing will scream

Comment

I wonder why they put rc 29 head on it ..I guess its samee 2 bolt

Comment

What a steal! Even ones like that are going for $400+ where I live

Comment

Originally posted by dane795 View Post
              What a steal! Even ones like that are going for $400+ where I live
              I'll admit I got very lucky. Was browsing CL for garage sales and saw a pic of the Sport in the background of the junk they were gonna be selling. I had no idea they would let it go that cheap. Didn't even bother to haggle. The included VP racing fuel jug is worth that alone!

Any recommendations on what carb I should throw on this rig? I'm browsing through them on DDM

Comment

I can't remember what carb I've been running, they've all been pretty good to me though. I'm pretty sure I'm running a WT-990 (on deal of the day today). No choke but it still starts.

Comment

Keep the stock airbox which has a choke (cone filters are over rated) and use a non-choke carb noted above.

Comment

Working...
                  X