Engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap

Was looking for some info On swapping engines I’m looking to swap out my CY 29cc For a a Zenoah g270 so in short what would be the general things that I will need to do for this to be a smooth transition I know all the engines don’t come with a spindle so I know spindle is the one thing I’ll have to purchase but what else would I need to purchase with it and is this a difficult process or should I hand this over to a professional?

Is it a complete zenoah 270 engine?

adding a cylinder/piston only is where it’s tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngbone623 View Post
      Is it a complete zenoah 270 engine?

adding a cylinder/piston only is where it’s tricky.
      I’m pretty sure it is I’m getting this from DDM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportguy313 View Post

I’m pretty sure it is I’m getting this from DDM.
        If I remember hard tires correctly, you just need to remove the Rear tire and gas tank to have access to the crankcase bolts. Remove the crankcase bolts. then reinstall the new motor.

It helps to remove the carb to keep the fuel lines on it until you install the new engine. I do this, so I don’t have to drain the tank. Hope this helps.

P.s. also buy a spindle bolt, and piston stopper. Use the piston stopper to tighten the spindle bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Youngbone623 View Post

If I remember hard tires correctly, you just need to remove the Rear tire and gas tank to have access to the crankcase bolts. Remove the crankcase bolts. then reinstall the new motor.

It helps to remove the carb to keep the fuel lines on it until you install the new engine. I do this, so I don’t have to drain the tank. Hope this helps.

P.s. also buy a spindle bolt, and piston stopper. Use the piston stopper to tighten the spindle bolt.
          Yes this is very helpful I’ve already drained the engine due to the weather getting very cold I live in the East Coast and I do this every year once I’m done riding for the year, and my next final question what tool would you use to take off your throttle cable as I’m going to keep the same one and just reinstall it to the engine?

Comment

Working...
          X