Blade Z Scooter sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Z Scooter sluggish

I'm working on a Blade Z Moby XL with the 35cc. engine. The scooter runs well, but it seems sluggish and doesn't seem to go as fast top speed as last year.

The motor runs great. 120 psi, starts second pull and seems to have 0 issues in the rev range. It just doesn't seem to take off as well and top speed seems hindered.

Could this be a clutch or bearing issue? Any help with manuals or anything else would be great.

How fast does it go on flat ground? Stock gearing?

Comment

Originally posted by dane795 View Post
      How fast does it go on flat ground? Stock gearing?
      Stock gearing. Muffler has been hacked off a good amount and open air filter.

I'm not sure how fast it goes on flat ground I will need to get my phone out and use the GPS speedo.

Comment

I could never get my 40cc above 28 mph lol, but I hear the 35cc is actually better

Comment

It doesn't seem to hold speed or gain speed at all going uphill.

Comment

I have a Moby comp Cruz XL with the 35cc, have run into the same issues before. The carb on mine can be finicky a lot and the "sluggish" seems to resolve after adjusting the idle mixture screw, testing, and finding its sweet spot for the day. I usually have to re adjust it the next day I go for a ride.

another thing I have noticed is after I started running castor 927 oil it has only been nothing but high reving fun! Increased speed by 3 mph. It might be different for you or no change at all but maybe a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Man View Post
              I have a Moby comp Cruz XL with the 35cc, have run into the same issues before. The carb on mine can be finicky a lot and the "sluggish" seems to resolve after adjusting the idle mixture screw, testing, and finding its sweet spot for the day. I usually have to re adjust it the next day I go for a ride.

another thing I have noticed is after I started running castor 927 oil it has only been nothing but high reving fun! Increased speed by 3 mph. It might be different for you or no change at all but maybe a try.
              I was thinking the clutch might be bad. I was going to suggest replacing the belts and clutch. Or maybe the bearings are worn out. The engine runs and idles great.

Comment

You shouldn't need to replace your belts if they aren't frayed or any teeth are worn. Possibly your wheel bearing but they shouldn't cause a dramatic sluggish issue (you would hear them going bad as well) but still need to replace them if they are going bad.

Remove your engine, and remove the centrifugal clutch. Inside the clutch should have 2 springs inside in a vertical position. Check to see if they are stretched or bent. Inspect your pads to see if they still have material on them. If not or are very warn off this may be your issue since it would be "slipping".

Does your engine bog when you Rev it up with load?

Hopes this helps

Comment

I threw a 15MM carb package on it from Amazon. When idling it would actually start to drive forward. Even after backing out the idle screw completely it didn't fix the issue. No I didn't have an airleak I tried spraying everywhere with WD40 to see if it would change speed and it didn't. It was solid.

I'm going to disassemble the stock carb and clean it really good. Then put it back together. I will replace the belts since one of the belts is missing half the teeth. During this process I will check the clutch shoes as well. Last thing I will do is put a fresh oil/gas mixture in as well.

Compression is really good in the engine. 120 PSI. Don't know what else would be holding it back. The muffler is hacked off and very loud. Could that cause a loss in power?

Comment

First question I have is how did you fit the 15mm carb on your intake? I bought one intending to get more performance but the intake hole Is the 10mm and the case pressure holes don't line up for a 15mm on mine.

anyway that all sounds good, mine has around 120psi as well, one other thing I thought of was belt tension. One day I losened my tension and it actually increased top end speed by a few mph! So maybe you can play with that too. Check out your clutch, but now you said it started to move a little bit with the 15mm carb, interesting...

I've had my muffler off before too, it sounds cooler but haven't noticed any difference.

on flat ground mine can reach 22mph and seems to be running fine. When I first got the thing I thought that was too fast, now it's way to slow and have been contemplating swapping a GP460 on it. Maybe something for you to consider as well? Cuz your only gonna go 23mph stock anyways.

the GP460 bolts right up with the 4 bolt circle pattern and same 78mm clutch. The only modification is the gas tank which I believe you can get a bracket for on DDM.com. you really can't go wrong for 290 bucks for a guaranteed 32+ mph! And lots of available performance parts too.

Comment

Working...
                    X