Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First GoPed GSR Sport Inspection. (NEED HELP PLEASE!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First GoPed GSR Sport Inspection. (NEED HELP PLEASE!!!)

I made this into a video because its soooooo much easier to show you guys what im talking about while im asking the questions pointing out stuff rather than trying to explain everything to yall on here on a silly chat. If you guys find anything please say something. I dont really have to say much because I cover and talk just about EVERY thing in this video. SO PLEASE! watch the entire video please.

Thanks yall.
    SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE PAGE!!!
    sigpic

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/THECHARMCITYSKING

First and foremost...you have balls the size of grapefruits posting that vid of yourself. You just got put on my top 10 list of GoPeders I'd like to spend an afternoon with

It sounds like your chain is a hair tight.

As far as the little oil by the gaskets...no worries. When I put an engine together I soak the gaskets in fuel/oil mix before I put it together...it's the nature of the beast.

The only thing that concerns me is the amount of times it takes you to start it....implies a tuning issue.

I think there is a pedder or 2 in your area, most guys on here would drive hours to help out. If not...PM me your#. I can talk you through a tune
    Lookin for a new goat...mine is wore the hell out!

Originally posted by Dirtmonkey
    Slitz is taken. We'll let you be Clitz.

Comment

Okay Jamie, I'm sorry but honestly you don't sound mechanically inclined at all... You seem very paranoid and confused. Your scooter doesn't have any problems!

It's a chain! its supposed to sound like that! It's metal on metal, you can't expect it to be silent.

And I can tell your not familiar with how a motor works... They spit out oil! Even if your mixture and tuning is absolutely perfect. Motors spit out oil regardless. And there is oil on your cases (shiny bottom part of the motor) because as it comes out the wind from you moving forward pushes the oil onto them. It wipes right off.

Also there is no reason at all to be frustrated about your mix ratio, everyone is giving you different answers because everyone has their own opinion on what ratio to use. I personally mix at 30 to 1. Not too lean not too rich. But everyone is going to tell you that 40:1 is too lean because it is.

And your being way too gentle on that pull start. I highly doubt you will snap that string until it becomes very very old. If something in the pull start breaks I doubt it will be the string. To start your motor easily: 1. turn ON the choke. 2. Pull relatively hard until you hear the motor fire (try to start). 3. Turn OFF the choke. 4. Pull just as hard, until the motor is running. If you do this correctly you should have to pull like no more than 5 times total.

And There really isn't like anything on the scooter that is going to rust easily. Unless you leave it outside while its raining 24/7.

Lastly, you are a lot more likely to get help, if you ask nicely rather than like demand, and then complain like a maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by cablescum View Post
        Idk if you watched the whole video, but it seemed to me that if anything, it was a tiny bit too loose. But I could be wrong.

Comment

I did...loose chains don't sound like that. The test is to post anther vid....wiggling the chain
          Lookin for a new goat...mine is wore the hell out!

Originally posted by Dirtmonkey
          Slitz is taken. We'll let you be Clitz.

Comment

I did...loose chains don't sound like that. The test is to post anther vid....wiggling the chain
            At one point in the vid he did wiggle the chain, that's why I said that. But I agree with the sound, although its just a video.

Comment

some ppl told me you dont want it too tight and you dont want it super loose, I think its just right (how do you tighten it? cause there is no way to move the motor or anything) but i guess yall didnt watch the entire video because at the end I said after WDing the chain and the bearings the squeeky went away.

And I am very mechanically inclined, just not with motors and cars and stuff tha has anythign to do with automotive lmao. I built my own computers from scratch, I took my 1st computer down to the last bolt and rebuilt it when i was 15. I rebuilt my Xbox after it RROD. I re-wired my entire house with new electrical. Wired my entire house to have Data Ports in every room so every room has a plug to patch into so you dont have to be on slow and unreliable WIRELESS internet Ive built a home from the footer, framing, plumbing, siding, HV/AC, electric....lol so I think im pretty mechanically inclined dont cha think???? just not with auto...I HAVE NOT THE SLIGHTEST CLUE on how to work anything with cars lol. I cant even change my own oil. hahahaah Pretty bad huh considering all the stuff I just said I do and i cant even change a damn oil haha.

I dont know where your coming from getting Im "Demanding" help hahaha. Im just new to all this stuff and I dont want this thing to break on me or have anything go wrong within the first 90 days of having it...before the summer even comes. I will flip out if this thing breaks before the summer cause its freaking too cold out today we hit 65 its been 30s here in Baltimore. and now its going back down to the 50s as the HIGH for the next 8 days and its suppose to RAIN for the next 8 days straight as well!!! I HATE SPRING TIME HERE IN MD its PISSING ME OFF!! All I want is more than one day of clear skys and temp atleast 65 so I can have a perfect cruise day like today.

I cannot find ANYONE around here to ride with. I dont even have a car so i cant meet anyone I wish I lived in Cali or it was as big as it is over there here in Bmore. I mean people all are staring at me I dont think ANYONE has EVER seen a GoPEd EVER here. Allot of people come up to me ask me what it is, where i got it, ect...Only thing i dont like about my ped is the hard rubber tires. Its so sketchy riding at night, I gotta drive just as slow as if i was jogging becuase if i hit the smallest hole im going down for the count, I just orederd my helmet and gloves today so ill feel a little more secure.

As for the Law here, I dont think the cops care, I heard they are illegal but I read on the site as long as they dont succeed 30mph they are good. Also, I was riding tonight and it was HOT AS **** OUT! (meaning mad cops driving around) I duno if they were following me or there just was a **** load cause I counted atleast 5 and they all looked at me, didnt say nothing, as I sat on the corner crosswalk waiting for the light to change, they just drove off. As long as you dont evade them and act all suspicious i dont think they care, there's more important things for them cops to worry about in Baltimore (Heroin Capitol of the Country & SUPER HIGH MURDER/CRIME rate in the country) than to bust someone minding there own business, not causing any trouble, by there self riding a motor scooter lmfao.

Holy crap I cant belive I just wrote all that....but thanks for yalls input. I knew I was just being paranoid that makes me feel allot more confident about the ped even my dad said i need to chill out lol. Only thing Im worried about is the Starting issue, Why it hasnt been getting easier to start. I mean its the same way as it was when I pulled it out of the box. Yall seen how it gets kinda jammed....But once I turn the choke on and pump the primer 2 or 3 times it pulls smooth after the 2nd pull.
              sigpic

Comment

heres the 1st vid i made today before i edited out some stuff
                sigpic

Comment

its allllllllll in the inspection video, yall must have not watched the entire video from start to finish.
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly i think that you ped is nice and it has everything you need. if your able to try to get a gsr 40 they have air tires on them and the ride is awhole lot smother. I had a GoPed Sport and there is a difference between a GSR Sport. I was in your spot with more questions and less ways to get my answers. I was putting Duct tape on my spindle to make it get better grip( it dont work,and on a GoPed Sport the spindle is your drive. like your chain, but it runs up aginst your tire to run) I ran into some one and alot of people said alot of different things about my fuel and gas mixture, i just thought abut a weed whacker and started from there. alot of people are right here and there not going to stir you wrong, just concider it a slight push in the right direction. ( you will find out that alot of people aruge cuz of the way to do things, just dont get cought in the middle of it.) I will post a video of me goofing off on my sport and to tell you the truth i kinda miss it. ill also try to find a video playing on my bf and get it to you. it rains alot here in oregon so i have tuning issues all the time. one min i have it going tits, next min I have a slight bog to it and i cant even reach my top speed. So i see what you mean about it sounding ok. once you take that plastic hose off of your muffler itll sound different too.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cp72RnKOt8
                    here is a vid from youtube that might be a little help on what that hook dose if you look at 1:54 you can see what its for.lol thats kinda nifty lol but any ways if you take off that hose in the back of the muffiler youll hear a different sound. nice ped
                    youtube is awsone for hearing sound from other users.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy View Post
                      Honestly i think that you ped is nice and it has everything you need. if your able to try to get a gsr 40 they have air tires on them and the ride is awhole lot smother. I had a GoPed Sport and there is a difference between a GSR Sport. I was in your spot with more questions and less ways to get my answers. I was putting Duct tape on my spindle to make it get better grip( it dont work,and on a GoPed Sport the spindle is your drive. like your chain, but it runs up aginst your tire to run) I ran into some one and alot of people said alot of different things about my fuel and gas mixture, i just thought abut a weed whacker and started from there. alot of people are right here and there not going to stir you wrong, just concider it a slight push in the right direction. ( you will find out that alot of people aruge cuz of the way to do things, just dont get cought in the middle of it.) I will post a video of me goofing off on my sport and to tell you the truth i kinda miss it. ill also try to find a video playing on my bf and get it to you. it rains alot here in oregon so i have tuning issues all the time. one min i have it going tits, next min I have a slight bog to it and i cant even reach my top speed. So i see what you mean about it sounding ok. once you take that plastic hose off of your muffler itll sound different too.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cp72RnKOt8
                      here is a vid from youtube that might be a little help on what that hook dose if you look at 1:54 you can see what its for.lol thats kinda nifty lol but any ways if you take off that hose in the back of the muffiler youll hear a different sound. nice ped
                      youtube is awsone for hearing sound from other users.
                      Thanks for ur input. a girl pedder? Thats pretty wold. But no I dont get mad at what ppl say on here I don't know y yall keep saying that lol! Im a very laid back dude I just was having a bad day cuz I got 3 hrs of sleep last night. Im not taking the hose off y would I do that? Lol. Im just gonna stick with my stock parts for now. Im guessing you too didnt watch the entire video? Sheessh is it that boring? (mind my spellung im on my phone typing this lol) but I have numerous questions in my inspection video that no one has even answered, like is it ok to use WD40 on ur chain & bareings? Cuz Im broke 1st of all n 2nd I gotta make due with what I got. So sfter I applied it the squeekys wemt away. Every night after I bring her in I wipe everything down, check all my screws n stuff
                      sigpic

Comment

First and foremost...you have balls the size of grapefruits posting that vid of yourself. You just got put on my top 10 list of GoPeders I'd like to spend an afternoon with

As far as the little oil by the gaskets...no worries. When I put an engine together I soak the gaskets in fuel/oil mix before I put it together...it's the nature of the beast.

The only thing that concerns me is the amount of times it takes you to start it....implies a tuning issue.

I think there is a pedder or 2 in your area, most guys on here would drive hours to help out. If not...PM me your#. I can talk you through a tune
                        this is a good person to listen to. hes on gpn and is very knolageable. snag his number and have a conversation with him. yes i did watch the vid it was quite interesting. i was talking to you on gpn befor it did its natorius crash and fail. but oh well i was wondering what a gsr sport looked like. and oh ya if you use wd-40 its fine on your chain as long as your not putting it though sand and dirt. If your doing that than ya, some one would say some thing else but other than that its fine. I have always thought that if no one tells me not to do something than it's fine untill i break something. lol I have 2 GoPed bigfoots, A FS-1 BoXeR, and a non comon Martin Monster Extream. I have taken all of my peds to the closest city and back and they have taken the trip and begged for more abuse. I live in a small town and im the only one in my town that has any type of gas powered scooter( as far as i know i havent seen any one else yet.) The closest city to where I live is 15 miles so a 30 mile round trip. I have to do it part on a freeway and part in farming country. i dont have any vids of me doing this cuz i dont have a gopro camera but i have been doing this for quite some time now. GoPed is a highly respected type of gas powered scooter and they are ment to go for a while. just cruse arond on youtube and watch some goped rides. All of my peds expept for my Martin Monster is spindle drivn, i cant ride in the rain or when the road is wet.

Comment

OK NOW IM CONFUSED....I posted on GPN about using WD 40, then the guy says "Dont use WD40 on your chain it will make it worse. Use bearing grease."....Then I said: "you tell me that, someone told me WD is fine to use. Plus I dont have any money to buy that right now, I gotta make do what with I have. And the WD actually made it better lol"...Then he says: "LOL for now but when it drys up your chain have alot of friction and it will wear out faster. WD40 is for cleaning only and thats why is ran a little better because you cleaned it and did not lube it." ...

WTF!?!?!? It seems pretty loobie to me!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes that was me do what you want but if it is such a great lube why does it work great when installing grips. Spray WD40 in your grip(make sure all the oil is cleaned inside the grip) and put on your handle bar and watch the WD40 dry up and hold your grip on tight hense it's not a lube.
                            Originally posted by Ogre
                            I knew I was forgetting something, LUUBE!!!

Comment

to tell you the truth i think its a great cleaner and lube but. but i saw a post that there is like 101 way to use wd-40. so tell you the truth who the **** cares if you use what you have. i get paid once a month and when something breaks in the middle of the month im ****ed. i know what you mean, use what you got when you got. i think that if you use grease than you ll collect more dirt and grime. or i could be wrong tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X