Announcement

Collapse

General Forum Rules

This forum is open to all brands and aftermarket products.


No flaming or insulting other members, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.


Treat others how you want to be treated. If you do not have anything nice or productive to say, then don't say anything at all. Remember, you are interacting with real people and if you wouldn't say it to their face, then you probably shouldn't type it. Don't be a keyboard warrior!


No profanity. Dropping f-bombs doesn't make you cool.


Absolutely no obscene or pornographic content is allowed

Please post in the appropriate sections

Do not email, PM, call, or carrier pigeon etc. ADA Racing or admin with complaints about bans or Billetboard drama. If you were banned, it was for a reason and we're too busy to deal with those kind of complaints. If you have an issue with a moderator, please PM said moderator or any of the other moderators and if they have time to address it they will. Remember, we offer this board as a service to the community and it is a privilege to be on here, not a right.

Any member violating the above rules will be banned

These rules may be updated at any time
See more
See less

bigfoot 3rd bearing, lockout and clutch advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How To: bigfoot 3rd bearing, lockout and clutch advice

    I recently got an old school green bigfoot and looking to put an ada clutch kit on. I am going to order the ada 54mm clutch kit, ada lockout and 3rd bearing support along with the clutch spacer. what are the steps to getting the spindle on the back tire correctly? does it involve tightening the lockout? Also, does the jetpro bigfoot pipe fit on a g320 motor? Thanks for the help!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kfoley10 View Post
    I recently got an old school green bigfoot and looking to put an ada clutch kit on. I am going to order the ada 54mm clutch kit, ada lockout and 3rd bearing support along with the clutch spacer. what are the steps to getting the spindle on the back tire correctly? does it involve tightening the lockout? Also, does the jetpro bigfoot pipe fit on a g320 motor? Thanks for the help!
    I also bought a old school green Bigfoot. The problem was that the lockout only attaches to the newer yellow Bigfoot (I fixed this by welding on a mounting point) . You are correct about the lockout, you just tighten in down onto the wheel. I don't have that specific pipe but from what I can tell it should work with your engine. Hope this helps!

    Comment


    • #3
      I also have the early green Bigfoot and was curious about the lockout, any chance you could snap a few pics as I'm more of a visual person. Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the response! Do you have the ada lockout? My buddy has the green bf frame with the lockout and it works fine but were both putting clutches on and not 100% sure how it works we have only had xpeds before so we are new to the bigfoot scene. Any pictures?

        Comment


        • #5
          image1(1).jpg

          image2.jpg

          image1(1) copy.jpg

          Pics of the lockout, the welded mounting point, and the clutch.

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks like your missing the posi lock for the lockout, the third bearing support and the ada clutch spacer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kfoley10 View Post
              Looks like your missing the posi lock for the lockout, the third bearing support and the ada clutch spacer.
              Hmmm. I guess the pics didn't help much XD. When I first got the clutch i bought a third bearing support but for some reason it didn't work with my Bigfoot (I don't remember exactly why). Ever since I installed it the internal clutch bolts always loosen no matter how much I tighten them. Just recently the clutch stopped working entirely. That might be a result of me neglecting to install the third bearing support :/ .
              Oh well. I wish I could have helped more.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ForrestFire View Post
                Hmmm. I guess the pics didn't help much XD. When I first got the clutch i bought a third bearing support but for some reason it didn't work with my Bigfoot (I don't remember exactly why). Ever since I installed it the internal clutch bolts always loosen no matter how much I tighten them. Just recently the clutch stopped working entirely. That might be a result of me neglecting to install the third bearing support :/ .
                Oh well. I wish I could have helped more.
                It looks like you rode the crap out of that ped man! 3rd support or not it looks like you got your money's worth out of that ped and the clutch.

                If I'm not mistaken the rear tire on the Bigfoot is a solid mount unlike a sport model. Seems like a third bearing support would be superfluous as long as the lockout wasn't installed so ridiculously tight the ped couldn't be ridden any way.
                Frankenped - Goped Sport G230RC w/34mm Top End

                Comment


                • #9
                  You need another adapter to get the billet motor mount on a green bigfoot.

                  The picture above clearly shows a custom bolt tab that was welded to the frame.

                  Only the orange superbigfoot will have this tab. I am not sure about other colors. I have dark green and orange spindle bigfoot peds only.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X