AusDom's GTR upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AusDom's GTR upgrades

Its been a while since I posted anything, been flat out with work since I came back from holiday mid January. I find time to ride my ped but never to really work on it other then general maintenance however this weekend we had bad rain so I spent some of Saturday and Sunday morning mucking around in the shed.

Firstly was to fix my leaky jetpro after trying all types of rtv silicone with no success I mounted it up only using the engine bolts not the bracket on the wheel side and the pipe sat over the manifold allot more square so I made my own bracket to suite how it was sitting and it worked almost perfectly it fixed 90% of the mess.
    old compared to new bracket
    IMG_0751.jpg

Second was to cut the race pole down to a more comfortable height, once I did that my already too long front break and throttle cable only got worse and my rear break line was too short all from using lengths of break cable I had left over from when I rode downhill.
    IMG_0737.jpg

So I had a bunch of red jagwire L3, all new cables, grips and levers to put on, I used DoH's How to thread to make my throttle cable so shout out to him for that works a treat, I even left my cable and housing 1 inch longer then what I wanted thinking I wouldn't get it first go but I did haha so I just left it as is. I also just installed a RPM Tach but haven't fixed it to the ped yet.
    IMG_0749.jpgIMG_0747.jpgIMG_0755.jpg

I plan on installing a TS reed and HK and upgrading the breaks to avid bb7's and some other rotors all of which I already own just waiting to be used haha. And some frame work and paint once I get my 40 frame back from cablescum, so I can get them done at the same time

Where you been? Looking good, diggin the red housing. Those mad dogs need to go, you'll be much happier with the BB7's for sure.

Is that a 62' Caddy?
    Hell Fab

Comment

That red on black looks sick. Like DOH said, for mechanical brakes BB7'S are where its at. Inexpensive and stop waaaaaaaay better than the MD's.
      GTR 460, GSR40 TSi, GSR40, Riot, Bigfoot, Sport, SGQ46, Evo 2X, Super GrowPed, TRQ....OHH YEAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Depths of Hell View Post
        Where you been? Looking good, diggin the red housing. Those mad dogs need to go, you'll be much happier with the BB7's for sure.

Is that a 62' Caddy?
        I went to Japan over Christmas and new year, a few weeks in Tokyo and Kyoto then a week snowboarding in Niseko it was so good.

Yea I can't wait to get the bb7's on I'v read fair a bit of good stuff about them on here, I gotta get some of the Skopod adapters for the rotors and I'll be set.

And DoH your almost spot on its a 61 it's my dad's weekend cruiser

Comment

Damn homie, you don't mess around when it comes to boarding trips.

I was close, the 62 and 61 are fairly similar in the *** end and side panels. In 63 the fin got slightly shorter towards the tail lights, and 64 even shorter. I have a 64 coupe hard top (last year of the fin), the 60's era Cadillacs are my favorite cars of all time. Land yachts, hit 100 mph and it feels like you're going 50. Damn I love that car.
          Hell Fab

Comment

Looks good keep the pictures coming

Comment

I have been trying to find a deck I wanted to use on my GTR but decided to make one, I used 16mm marine ply and used jordan's deck refurbish thread to get the idea of using nutserts to house the bolts. I like the shape of my evo deck so I essentially copied it with some minor differences then painted it and grip taped.

in the photo its just resting on top I'll put it on this weekend.
              IMG_0857.jpgIMG_0858.jpg

Comment

that deck turned out really nice

Comment

Working...
                X