Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSR46R project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GSR46R project

    got back into the hobby. Decided I start with a Gsr46r frame. Bought the stock goped off eBay. Goped was wrecked when purchasing it.

    Tore the motor down. Added ada 1mm crank, 15 to 1 dome. Ada headkit. Running on 110 octane. Flashsystem exhaust.

    Pretty mich stock appearance but that will change. I would like to put a g62 someday. I have a huge problem with exhaust bolts getting loose.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

  • #2
    He'll ya looks like az

    Comment


    • #3
      That does look like AZ. The pics are blurry on my phone but that looks like a FS pipe?
      Lookin for a new goat...mine is wore the hell out!

      Originally posted by Dirtmonkey
      Slitz is taken. We'll let you be Clitz.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cablescum View Post
        That does look like AZ. The pics are blurry on my phone but that looks like a FS pipe?
        Yes sir I took the photos around 103rd and olive. The pipe is a flashsysem. It had a longer stinger but I cut it short to make have a deep popping idle.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sweet, I wish I could get on that’s just the stamped halves...but that ain’t happnin lol

          PS...I’m down in South Chandler. Putting together the GSR60 for my neighbors 🤘🏼😈🤘🏼
          Lookin for a new goat...mine is wore the hell out!

          Originally posted by Dirtmonkey
          Slitz is taken. We'll let you be Clitz.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cablescum View Post
            Sweet, I wish I could get on that’s just the stamped halves...but that ain’t happnin lol

            PS...I’m down in South Chandler. Putting together the GSR60 for my neighbors 🤘🏼😈🤘🏼
            Very nice lol. I accidentally stripped my right exhaust bolt hole. I pulled a piece of metal off the bolt. Feeling bummed out. I added a few parts

            ada billet intake
            ddm race pole
            ddm steel ftg
            new coil
            fuel filters
            ada gsr40 v stack/air filter
            ada 9 tooth front sprocket
            ddm 56 tooth rear sprocket
            new chain


            Goped runs smooth at higher speeds. Just gonna get a replacement cylinder and a clutch soon.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

            Comment


            • #7
              You could get away with a job weld repair and save some money.
              2 Sports and a GSR40

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Turbobox View Post
                You could get away with a job weld repair and save some money.
                I’m looking into it as a possibility. I got another cylinder coming in the mail.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Youngbone623 View Post

                  I’m looking into it as a possibility. I got another cylinder coming in the mail.
                  I've been successful with such repairs in the past when done correctly. It would be a good idea to try and save it as a repaired spare since GP460 cylinders are hit and miss on plating (at least I don't know if this was ever resolved with CY). Being a HK cyl, it certainly costs more! Good luck with it, it certainly looks like it's fun to ride!
                  2 Sports and a GSR40

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Turbobox View Post

                    I've been successful with such repairs in the past when done correctly. It would be a good idea to try and save it as a repaired spare since GP460 cylinders are hit and miss on plating (at least I don't know if this was ever resolved with CY). Being a HK cyl, it certainly costs more! Good luck with it, it certainly looks like it's fun to ride!
                    Yeah that was a rumor back in the day. I told my brother I figured they would have fixed it by these 460s. Your right though, I’ve been riding it pretty hard ever since. I’ll post pics of the engine rebuild soon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      During the break in, The motor jumped rpms after a short rev. Started a process of evaluation, when I spotted the exhaust gasket on the floor. Currently 1/4 tank into break in.





                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Added new jetpro exhaust
                        added new ada red billet rims
                        added new clutch
                        reflipped piston

                        still have problems with clutch as it smokes like crazy. Maybe will change to billet ada motor mount soon. It sounds like it revs too high to engage the clutch.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Added new DS60 kit.
                          Added new G62 long block
                          Added new single line gas tank
                          Added new gp460 motor mount

                          started tear down of the gsr46 motor. Removed various parts needed to convert to gsr60. Added 460 flywheel onto G62 longblock. Will update soon.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 5 photos.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dude awesome!!! Cant wait to see that thing rip!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X